MPH 05

Clarkson, Richard Hammond and Tiff Needell are back too, to front the extravaganza that is MPH 05.

To give you a taster of what to expect, we visited the show at Birmingham�s NEC last weekend, held as a precursor to the London coming up on this one. The main attraction was the 5,000-seater auditorium, hosting the 75-minute live show: Prepare to be amazed as fast cars driven by fast, slightly unhinged drivers all battle to out-drama each other; the most sideways, the most tyre smoke, the most engine revs, the furthest out of the car while still lapping the course and waving to the crowd. It�s stunning and the best hour and a bit you�ll spend sitting on your bum. Choreographed by John Napier � of Cats, Starlight Express and Les Miserables fame � [color:“red”] a �chase� between a Lotus Exige and a helicopter gunship was probably the most stunning aspect; the helicopter isn�t quite �real, but that�s all we�re saying[/color]

Anyone been?

Sounds like a complete wste of time and money to me. I saw the thing they did at Autosport International last year and, quite frankly, it was boring with too many gaps and too much burning rubber. There was nothing related to serious motoring at all and it plays to the Max Power brigade. I’m surprised that Clarkson is involved. I thought he had more sense…

I’m surprised that Clarkson is involved. I thought he had more sense…

He sold his soul for the green manalichi a long time ago