Motorsport ECU

Wondered if anyone had any thoughts on whether to go for the official Lotus version at �395 + vat or the Hangar 111 version at �295 + vat?

Cheers

My understanding is the official Lotus map will comply with all emission tests & you will not have issues if your car is serviced by official dealers - resetting the map etc.

The Hangar 111 could be the same map - couldn’t comment

Plus if you join Lotus Club International before 1st June you could get a further 15% discount

It will cost you �35 for the membership which you will more than get back on your �395 outlay.

The official motorsport ecu for the NA Exige/111R is a great upgrade. Recommended

Can’t comment on the alternatives though (no experience)

So Tim, does the Lotus motorsport ECU upgrade give you any difference below the new cam change at 5750 ?

It certainly feels more driveable ‘off cam’, but not a huge difference, plus I’ve never measured it. I think it does ‘fatten’ the torque a little though

You dont really feel the cam change either, I wouldn’t notice it come on if it wasn’t for the change in engine note.

So Tim, does the Lotus motorsport ECU upgrade give you any difference > below > the new cam change at 5750 ?

The thing pulls more cleanly all round even off cam. The original ECU seemed rough and frankly amateurish to me. I doubt there’s any real torque gains though. The car however is much easier to drive faster, you’d never believe how much difference 500rpm make.

I’ve heard from a few now that some cars seem to run a bit worse with the new ECU update.

Someone I know who’s had his car dynoed before and after the ECU update (Quicksilver exhaust and different in-take), has seen a drop in torque, but same max hp.

Could be the exhaust / in-take. Drivability is certainly a bit better though.

I thought they were both the same could be wrong! I have the Hanger111, works well for me although I’d agree not such of a bang on cam change but still fun though

Plus if you join Lotus Club International before 1st June you could get a further 15% discount

It will cost you �35 for the membership which you will more than get back on your �395 outlay.

Thanks for the suggestion. All booked in for Friday with my 15% discount

Spill the beans…what you having done, just the ECU?

Just the ECU remap. Certainly made a huge difference as I can now keep it in 2nd cam. Much smoother. Only odd thing I noticed is that when slowing the idle doesn’t drop below 1500 revs unless stationary. ANy ideas?