Motorsport ECU reflash

I want to get this done, but knowing my luck as soon as I do Lotus will bring out a better version.

Anything on the grapvine about this or perhaps Emerald have managed to crack it yet?

Looked into the US options but like most I am not happy to be the guinea pig.

Cheers

Emerald are supposed to have been working on this for ages now - I will believe it when I see it. I would imagine the emerald is going to cost �700 odd, plus you will need it set up on a rolling road. Might be worth waiting for if you have other engine mods in mind (although I doubt there is much worth doing to a NA Yota), but if you just want to lower the cam change, go for the Lotus reflash. I have had it on my car for 6 months now and it is superb.

Mark

Hi Magic,
The re-flash really worth having. It is worth every penny. I am very happy with it. It’s even better on track as you are always on the second cam coming out of corners.

Go for it !

Ex77

what makes it superb… was chatting to Nick adams at Goodwood and he said that it just moves the torque curve, and in essence wont make you any quicker, just feels less ‘pronounced’ on cam change…

If yours is an A prefix ECU, the “reflash” is infact a replacement ECU which will be able to accept future upgrades , as can already be done with the B prefix version.

Does the �395 plus vat include fitting or do the dealers charge extra? If so I’ll do it myself.

what makes it superb… was chatting to Nick adams at Goodwood and he said that it just moves the torque curve, and in essence wont make you any quicker, just feels less ‘pronounced’ on cam change…

The whole point of it is that is moves the torque curve… It makes the car feel much more driveable as you don’t have to rev the nuts off it before changing up to stay on the second cam. Much better for road driving, but also an improvement on track - e.g. the chicane at my local circuit Knockhill feels too quick for second, but you are just off cam coming out of it in 3rd. It used to feel like an age waiting for the second cam to come in when accelerating away - not now Try and get a drive in a reflashed car if you are not convinced - I have not heard of anyone who has had it done being anything other than very pleased with it.

Mark

I want to get this done, but knowing my luck as soon as I do Lotus will bring out a better version.

Anything on the grapvine about this or perhaps Emerald have managed to crack it yet?

Looked into the US options but like most I am not happy to be the guinea pig.

Cheers

How hard can it be? Thera are numerous people who have cracked the ECU (though few who have 2006+ cars)…

Anyway, if I was in for one for a NA Exige… I’d be probably looking at the Lotus one. Don’t think there’s much left for improvement…

Does the �395 plus vat include fitting or do the dealers charge extra? If so I’ll do it myself.

You must be talking about reflashing a B prefix ECU. Mine was the A type, which cost �495 incl fitting (+ vat), on an exchange basis.

Can I get Bell & Colvill to flash my ECU? My car is a 2006 MY N/A… What are they likley to charge?

Yep its a B type.

You must be talking about reflashing a B prefix ECU. Mine was the A type, which cost �495 incl fitting (+ vat), on an exchange basis.

I’m very interested in this convertion, but before I spend any money is there anyone in the North West willing to take me out in a car with the re-flash alreadly done?
Cheers
Graham.

I will if you like, but I’m based in West Cumbria. Do you head up toward the lakes anytime?

Hi Tim,
Thanks for the offer, will keep you in mind. Bit of a journey though.
Cheers
Graham.

Plans organised my re-flash, picked it up on Thursday. makes hell of a difference to driveability imho.
Well pleased!

Colin… I’ve been considering this one… maybe you could take me out in yours so that I can see what the difference is…