MOT Problem!

Hi all,

Has anyone had any difficulties getting their S1 through? Mine has failed today (at B&C) - emmissions 0.2% out! Last year it was no problem, only a couple of thousand miles ago.

Nice helpfull people at B&C then - what was their comment and dare I ask solution

…will find out tomorrow, once they’ve poked it about with a diagnostics tool. I would have thought that if a sensor was faulty, the % would be far greater, I just hope it isn’t an engine problem!

I had same problem at B&C - their suggestion was a new CAT and re test - not much use as CATS dont tend to last very long allegedly and would set you back a few hundred quid - I would recommend you give the Lakeside Engineering boys a call, they are very helpful and will help you get it through - worked for me…

Im sure a few on here will also vouch for their service and abilities (esp as they are ex B&C).

M

M

Give lakeside a call I am sure that they will be able to help 01932 340003

Surely if its only a CAT problem, someone on here would lend you one, as most are stored away only to come out for the MOT!

Nice helpfull people at B&C then - what was their comment and dare I ask solution

The problem is they are generally very thorough do everything by the book. Which is why I take my car there once a year for a check-up (just back this evening, slightly worn toe-link, for which I already have an upgrade ready to be fitted - thanks Andy ). I recently had my MOT done locally, for the reason stated above.

Lakeside are good boys!

Ian

…as most are stored away only to come out for the MOT!

My Honda’d car passed the MOT emissions tests with “Da Edwards Silencer”, but without a cat.

(of the smug variety)

…but without a cat.

WHAT?!

Ian

That’s right, no bull & no cat (Eliseparts silenced de-cat pipe in situ)

Sounds bloody gorgeous too

Arfur Daley service station…

Nay Rox, it was a pucker test.

Cat should be fine - like most it’s only ever been used for the MOT test!

I’ll see how it goes tomorrow - will call Lakeside if B&C start talking ���

Thanks chaps

Nay Rox, it was a pucker test.

I think you must mean this pucker … LOL

That’s Vinyl Veronique’s great, great grandmother

Well after all the worry, it was simply a case of warming the engine up before testing it?!?! They must put loads of 190 engines through MOTs all the time, can’t understand why they didn’t do this in the first place!

I have a K series in a (Censored) and it was out on the emissions so he just warmed the engine up for a while and it passed ok. Not sure whether the engine should be warmed up first for the check or done cold, or both.
John

Well after all the worry, it was simply a case of warming the engine up before testing it?!?! They must put loads of 190 engines through MOTs all the time, can’t understand why they didn’t do this in the first place!

This is why I don’t trust Lotus garages, incredible they do that! Tw@ts!