Most powerful Exige in world ????

BTW anyone know why I can’t see the power chart anymore??

The URL no longer appears to point to anything?

Ian

Photobucket have a note on their site today saying they suffered multiple disk failures, but the image will be back eventually !!

web page

Mike, impressive climb on the curves - are the wheels jumping on the rollers or is it the exhaust system holding you back at the top end?

Wheels were jumping / slipping on the rollers at around 135mph indicated…

Peak power was still climbing at that point…

Dave Walker decided that was time to abort the run each time…

Bernard has done a chart estimating what would have happened based on Matt’s similar torque curve and he’ll post it here soon…

Took the car out today for a couple of runs…

“OH MY GOD OH MY GOD” would sum it up…

Huge lashings of acceleration - cold tyres slipping in second and third - scenery flashing by…

This is magnificent…

Tonight my son needed a lift on country roads - how controllable would the power be? - pretty good as it happens - right foot can moderate boost to where you want it on the twisty stuff…

But the lights are not up to the speed, but then again I can’t see that well in the dark anyway, so I tend to drive like a vicar !!

Ah, so it was the straps holding you back!! Scary

The car was strapped down by the front wheels, and there were three of us sitting on the back…

When it moved THAT was scary !!!

Well I have now had the pleasure of a ride (read flight) in this machine - many thanks for your hospitality Mike .

All I can say is I am gobsmacked , difficult to put into words how quick this car is as I have never been in anything that is this fast. The acceleration and kick in your back is phenomenal - it pulls hard through every gear and even in 6th it keeps on pulling like you are in first. Mike also gave my younger brother a ride in it and he likened it to his boss’s Zonda in terms of pace . All I can say is a. Mike is going to need a new speedo with a longer range on it and b. Why couldn’t Lotus have made an Exige with this type of engine in it? .

This car is a real credit to Mike and Bernard and I look forward to seeing how it goes when it has been fine tuned !!!

Thanks Again

Adrian

Mike

This is very popular over here …

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/AndrewDovey/tractor2.jpg[/image]

LOL

I am thinking of a Nitrous system next !!

No, no you you’re not mike!

SOMEBODY STOP HIM!

Ian

No, no you you’re not mike!

SOMEBODY STOP HIM!

Ian

Like f**k I’m gonna stand in front of that and try and stop him

Hi Mike,
so where will we see you on the race track? Are you coming to the N�rburgring?

Fabian

Fabian

I just lost my job, so the racing plans are on hold at the moment…

Nurburgring is on my list though !!!

Some performance stats from my DL90, running up a relatively steep hill on a private road…

I found it hard to get the power down in the first two gears, and I need to practice the technique. The road turned a bit to the right so I was powersliding and having to moderate the throttle, and the tyres were stone cold. Rather than wait till I have some decent 0 - 100 times I’m giving you some 60 - 100 times as a taster for now…

60 - 100 mph = 4.29 seconds

60 - 70 = 0.68 secs
70 - 80 = 1.68 secs (Must practice gear change)
80 - 90 = 0.92 secs
90 - 100 = 1.01 secs

More performance to come once I get the hang of it

Mike, are you going to be at the Ring on Nov 11-12? (Easytrack-SELOC for �300)

I am surely planning to be there! (have paid already)

If I can get a sponsor !!

Just had a look at Mikes car this morning and he took me for a run a couple of miles up the road. It’s okay (and the rest!), possibly needs a bit more grip (to prevent VERY excessive wheelspin!) and perhaps needs a bit more power No it BLOODY doesn’t!!!.

That car is mental! I also now believe something I thought I never would, and that is that this is about as much bhp as you want in an Exige unless you are building a full blown race car. I have never been in a faster Elise/Exige abd doubt there is much faster (this side of a GT1). The turbo noise does sound a bit strange and it was even stranger getting back into a 190bhp VHPD equipped Exige.

So woulod I get one? At the moment, no, partially because my Exige still has warranty until Feb 2006, and partially because I’m not sure about the forced induction side of things. However value for money wise it would be hard to resist after the warranty has gone and if the engine went pop. It would be a hard decision between that and the Honda, but I think the Honda would lose, primarily on cost alone. Also by the time I would be looking at a conversion they will all have been in the market place for a few years and the development further advanced to the point where the future reliability will be known for them all.

Thanks Mark

I should mention that I was trying to get wheelspin…

This was my first real outing in the car, and by later in the day I had learned how to get the power down.

…I think the Honda would lose, primarily on cost…

Come then what’s the Audi numbers? I don’t think anybody has shard them yet.

Ian