More shiney bits from Proalloy

Just thought I would show you guys the new parts Wayne has made for me.

Oil catch cans

and top mounted rad fans

What’s with top mounted fans dude?

Cans look neat.

Very nice :sunglasses: The catch cans are a good idea, I have looked into it myself. Will they be going on general sale?

Top mounted fans let more cold air get to the radiators when running on track, this will give me even longer on track before I start to get any heat soak in the charge cooler :slight_smile:

The catch cans are going on sale, not sure of price and availability as these are the first set they have made and with all of Wayne’s stuff it is excellent quality :wink:

Heat soke heat schmoke, Just keep it flat baby :smiley:

But you don’t go fast enough to get heat soak, even with a standard car, let alone a s/c one! :wink: Spend your money with Mike Wilds, or whoever, & get a proper, tangible, beneficial return on your hard earned…seriously, dude.

But you don’t go fast enough to get heat soak, even with a standard car, let alone a s/c one! :wink: Spend your money with Mike Wilds, or whoever, & get a proper, tangible, beneficial return on your hard earned…seriously, dude. [/quote]

Shut up old man lol :smiley: he’s enjoying himself…

I’m not cominng back to this thread Rob, got my coat :smiley: :wink:

You’re right - my kids never listened to me either, & I should have learned from that :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

I will get quicker in the corners, but for now I’ll just keep using the POWER to catch up again on the straights :wink:

Surely those fans are going to prevent airflow when you’re on track ??

[quote=DaveP]
Surely those fans are going to prevent airflow when you’re on track ??[/quote]

Yeah, but think of the extra downforce/suction - old Lotus stylee :wink:

[quote=Mr Pesky][quote=DaveP]
Surely those fans are going to prevent airflow when you’re on track ??[/quote]

Yeah, but think of the extra downforce/suction - old Lotus stylee :wink:
[/quote]

More mods needed mate!!!

:smiley:

Nah - fit some side skirts, change the polarity to the fans…and

Seriously though Ade… I’m not sure those fans are going to help at all once you are at speed…

I’d at least get some temp checks done…

I will be doing some tests, but it is hard to do back to back because the changes take too long, however they are the same size and cover the same area as the ones that were underneath the rad.

Thought the idea was that you get more cold air hitting the underside of the rad when on the move with the fans to the top, so beneficial at speed.

Where is the rad for the charge cooler Ade, in the nose, or under the main rad?

The CC rad is under the air con rad so first rad in the group of 3, it should aid cooling all round but only time will tell.
Would be a good option for the CC Honda and Audi S1 boys but they don’t have enough room :frowning:

Ade, I have two rads in the front of my S1???

The catch cans, do you have a return to the sump? If not is there some kind of level indicator to tell you if there is any oil in there?

No return to the sump, i must admit I have not looked for an indicator I am going to empty them at every oil change as they are easily removed anyway.

I have 3 as I still have air con :wink: but you also don’t have room for fans above the rads do you?

Oh, sorry yeah, misunderstood. You have no chance of getting fans on top on an S1.

In my opinion, you need to think about an indicator, or returning to the sump, otherwise the only time you know you have a problem is when they overflow, surely???

I know the Toyota engine is no K series, but an engine with blow by, can literally pump oil out of the breather!