Modifying with a difference

SWMBO has given permission for the downstairs WC to be altered to my liking with a Car/Motorsport/Lotus theme. :thumbup:

My late father had a red oil can that I remember fondly and late grandfather had a green one. So I cleaned them up a bit and put them on a section of old wood from a garage.

Have ordered some new spark plugs for the Exige with the old ones sitting on the garage workbench. Bingo, that’s the light switch sorted.

Lotus picture from the office moved.

Next up is 2x oil cans that will have plants in them, a new mirror (undecided on this) and 3D wooden racing circuits on the wall.

Will update progress as it happens.

You must have a very indulgent missus. Having said that I have an area of our “snug” which has a motoring theme.

Ooh, I like that wing end plate, something like that might look good on the wall.

That’s awesome!

I’m gonna have sparkplug light switches everywhere now.

Few things around :wink:

:thumbup:

series_one, I love that last picture. Can i ask where you got it.

At the Hockenheim 2018 Jim Clark races.

The artist had a stand there. I have just emailed Hock’s admin office and asked them if they can check records and send me his contact details. He and his daughter were great, super passion and talent. My cc records only go back to Sept 2018 and he did not put any sticker on the back with his details. If Hock get back me I’ll post up for you :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m enjoying this thread, thanks for sharing.

I hope you don’t mind me adding - I used the cam tower off my old 944 engine and made it into a key holder

:mrgreen: Amazing

Love that…

Second that… :thumbup:

Loving some of these ideas :thumbup: