Misfire remedy soon.....

To quote Nick Adams from the Lotus board:"To end on a more positive note, we have made much better progress with the misfire, are close to finishing the work, and hope to release news around the end of this month."By the way the negative note was regarding the yip…

That is good news - its the only thing about the car that bothers me. It is clearly wrong, unpredictable and not good for the car. The yips and I’ve grown to love it and to understand it - although it is clearly eroding my wheel arch liners.Mechanical quirks I can deal with - software bothers me!

Just a quick question - My car has never exhibited the misfire, but it has not been upgraded to 190, as my friends car. Has anybody got the misfire with a standard (apart from the restrictor removed) car, or is it just a feature of the 190 kit?

My car has suffered twice from the 5500 rpm misfire, it is the standard 177 bhp version.

i also have had a couple of instances of the misfirebut I am fairly sure mine is related to using the throttle to start the car if I leave it alone I never seem to have a problemJohnC

Haydon’s suggested to me that this was a known problem with overheating coil packs on the Exige.Any experience on this?

had the misfire once, soon remedied by tightening the leads.A few months later the coil melted, but the misfire did not recur.No problems since - touch wood.Cheers

quote:Originally posted by MarkD:had the misfire once, soon remedied by tightening the leads.A few months later the coil melted, but the misfire did not recur.No problems since - touch wood.CheersMark it seems a bit extreme melting parts down to get rid of problems…if i did that with all the problems there would just be one big plastic blob on the drive!!!

[image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

Hi all, i had the missfire problem and have had it sorted by lotus.They replaced the Ecu with a differntly mapped one and this sorted out the prob. Hope this helps