Mille Miglia 2019

Due to my advancing years and failing memory, I may have mentioned this before.
I’m off to see the above on an organised tour. Mrs T is tagging along despite muted protests which got a lot louder when we realised we will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary in Milan on Sunday, ahead of the tour start on the Tues.
Bit of a cock-up on the planning front but that’s not unusual for me.
Any sparkling suggestions as to how I can mark this momentous anniversary? I think a visit to the Alfa Romeo museum falls into the same category as the Lawnmower Museum in Southport that I once suggested to her ladyship and which was sharply rejected.
Flowers, Prosecco . . . ?

Last two, especially the last one :laughing:

If it was Lorraine and me, Steve I would take her for lunch by the pool and a tour of Villa Necchi Campiglio, sadly for Lorraine it won’t be happening on Sunday as I will be riding to Formentor etc. :mrgreen:

A slap up lunch?

Something Ruby related would be a plan, to go with the Prosecco and the fine dining

Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II,
is the obvious one, just hope you haven’t paid for hold luggage as it might get expensive :laughing:

You know the answer is a sparkly thing attached to a shiny thing :smiley:

Congrats! 40 years is fantastic!

Congrats on anniversary Steve :clap:

Sure you and Jane will have a great time.

Thanks, fellas. I think I knew all along that I would be in trouble so maybe 6970k’s McDonalds might not be enough to dig me out of the hole.
I’ve emailed a swish restaurant not far from the hotel but yet to hear back.
To be fair Mrs T is taking it all in her stride and happy to laugh at my predicament. Thanks again👍

I guess a slap up lunch is normally offered in exchange for confessions of some sort? Best not go there then.

Why go Swiss when you are in Italy? At the very least get the girl a pizza, she could even choose her own toppings?

Ha, ha! I said swish, not Swiss.
But I may be pronouncing is “Swish” by the time I’ve downed a few Valpolicellas or Barolos

:laughing: I must been enjoying the vino a tad too much :mrgreen:

Well i dont know how Thommo is getring on, but im at the alfa museum outside milan. It was Thommo who made me aware of it. What a great museum, easily on par with ferrari but just not busy, and a great cafe.
Last year at Ferrari it was that busy there were ques for the loos let alone to get any food!
I will try and upload some pictures at some point.
Gav

Bollocks! Planned to go this morning. But closed Tuesdays. It’s all FlyBe’s fault

Milan Central railway station is stunning but not really appropriate for celebration
Then again, after 40 years having been everywhere and done everything, it might be :laughing: :laughing:

Hi, I’m new in the forum and will soon present myself. But since I’m from Italy and you speak of MilleMiglia… then Prosecco is unacceptable! It MUST be Franciacorta!!!

again… then I will present myself… Swiss restaurant? Do they sell food? or edible goods? :smiley:

Ha, ha! Thank you for comment. No worries, kept off the Prosecco and enjoyed fab meal in a true Italian restaurant. :+1:

Here are a few pics of the main event, aside from my anniversary

Sorry pics are on their side🙄