Mid Engined Sports Car Series (formerly LRSS)

These are the final dates for the series.

Mallory May 2nd
Oulton Park May 31st
Snetterton June 12th/13th
Thruxton July 4th
Brands Hatch July 25th
Pembrey Aug 22nd
Silverstone Sept 11th
Donington Oct 10th

Cheers

Hi Mark, what happened to Croft? Was it cancelled???

Cheers

Yes - the original provisional dates were as arranged by Richard Culverhouse who took over the series last year. Last week we did a deal with AMOC for them to run the series instead, and we will be utilising as many of their meetings as possible instead.

Will we see you out at Oulton? You’ve had more practise round there than the rest of us put together!

Cheers

Cheers Mark. Now that Oulton is end of May, it is possible.Just need to recover from surgery on shoulder this week & will be there! BTW, is there a site which tells me the requirements for changes to the car i.e. fire extinguisher, or is it a case of reading the blue book?

Cheers

“Just need to recover from surgery on shoulder this week & will be there!”

What you been up to Russ?

Mark/Russ hi, I’ll be doing the series as well so looking forward to seeing what the honda can do, Russ. Not much to do apart from the cut-out and extinguisher, beef up roll over bar and harness, then its how far do you want to go! I won’t even ask.
Matt

What you been up to Russ?

Don’t worry Steve, Vinyl Veronique did not come to any harm, & is looking forward to seeing you again too.

Nowt to worry about mate, just a quick overhaul following years of abuse-cricket, badminton etc., but has to be kept immobile for 4-6 weeks. And before you ask, Dad, that was the LEFT hand.

OK, cheers Matt. I am not going mad on it, just wanna get on track to experience it. Does the cut out have to be in a certain place? Also, do you have to get the perspex windows? I think I may have a roll over bar sorted, and maybe a front splitter, in which case I will need the proper rear aerofoil…bugger, this getting expensive already!

Russ,
Don’t forget, If you need a pit crew

Any idea’s on when you and dad fancy a trip down south the have your splitters fitted? Let us know some possible dates and we will see when we can fit you in

Steve.

Hey Steve, already assumed you would be there! As I said, it is down to the recovery rate - I want to get down there asap. Will the splitter go on a motorsport spoiler, I wonder?

Polycarb windows are not a necessity. Can’t remember the regs on where the cut outs go but will have a look in my blue book when I get home!

Cheers

[/quote]

Don’t worry Steve, Vinyl Veronique did not come to any harm, & is looking forward to seeing you again too. [/quote]

Do us a favour Rob and clean her out this time, ruined a perfecyly good wallpaper scraper last time

Russ,

Have my own set of Snap Ons and nightschool diploma in gas welding …does that get me in to the pit crew as well!

Russ,

Have my own set of Snap Ons and nightschool diploma in gas welding …does that get me in to the pit crew as well!

Snap Ons - sounds a bit too pro for us!

Although my rear clam could do with a bit of welding - you are in!

Nice one Russ - top stuff. 2nd Jordan seat still up for grabs for an up an’ coming young racer - who knows! - all the v best, BTW any chance of passes into your hospitality enclosure?

BTW any chance of passes into your hospitality enclosure?

We’ve got you down as the “Bouncer” (sorry, Head of Security), so you’re sorted

Kind regards

Bernie

• no probs Bernie I’ll look after your protogee…

I am planning on attending all the races, and am hoping to be a ‘pit groupie’ as well…

I have seen some of the car development work and I can promise everyone the series will be a treat !!