max tyre sizes for original rimstocks??

i want to try the kumho V700 tyres. and i do think i can get wider tyres on the origional rims. komotek in germany offers a 205-45-16 on a 7"front rim and 235-40-17 on an 8" rear rim.

i have seen a 235 wide kumho on a speedline rear.

has anyone dabbled with more than normal sizes?

what are the original rimstock rim widths? ( I have looked in the search but with no luck.)

thanks.

check this lovely exige test report! web page

which contains the following…

Wheels:
Rimstock, Aluminium Alloy Lotus Sport wheels.
Front - 7J x 16 inch
Rear - 8,5J x 17 inch

so is there enough space for wider than 195 and 225’s on these rim widths?..

I am using Kumhos ECSTA V70, 205’s in the front and they feel great!
Using also the std 225 size on the rear and they feel pretty well balanced, but was undecided at one stage if to go to the 235’s.

They seem to have the same rolling circumference, so should be no problem. The wheel can certainly take the 235’s, no problem.

I guess at one stage I’ll try the 235’s, pretty sure it would be ok.

check this lovely exige test report! > web page >

which contains the following…

Wheels:
Rimstock, Aluminium Alloy Lotus Sport wheels.
Front - 7J x 16 inch
Rear - 8,5J x 17 inch

so is there enough space for wider than 195 and 225’s on these rim widths?..

That would mean your wheels are wider than the S" wheel…are you sure?

Anyone else confirm this?

right then thats it, i am getting the 205’s and 235’s

what about you brew lah? are you up for a set of these sizes, i am just sending the sizes for a quote…

I am using Kumhos ECSTA V70, 205’s in the front and they feel great!
Using also the std 225 size on the rear and they feel pretty well balanced, but was undecided at one stage if to go to the 235’s.

They seem to have the same rolling circumference, so should be no problem. The wheel can certainly take the 235’s, no problem.

I guess at one stage I’ll try the 235’s, pretty sure it would be ok.

do you feel more grip compared with the yoko’s?

The 205 fronts give more grip, if anything because of the larger imprint.
Both tyres are about the same hardness (and that is the medium compound, there is still a soft option on the Kunhos).
So, less chance of experiencing understeer.
The rears at 225 have about the same grip, although on both the casing design is stiffer so they need to be run a couple psi lower.

They last very well, and are very good on a rainy day, I would dare to say better than the A048’s, but they start life at 5mm so useful life is about the same.
That is on track, on the road I would say that they are slightly uncomfy because of the harder sidewalls.

Depends what you want to use them for.

That is on track, on the road I would say that they are slightly uncomfy because of the harder sidewalls.

Depends what you want to use them for.

mostly shopping and trips to the garden centre, and the occasional track day.