Mapping

Had my car on the dyno after fitting the new exhaust and there is no improvement at all.Can only put this down to a fueling problem as the car has been very heavy on fuel, what can be done with the standard ecu to get the mixture right?Car is definetly down on power as it is battling to limit in fourth, and propably sucking about 26L of fuel a second during the attempt.What can be done?

Well when I started getting a misfire with the standard ECU I followed the fabled ECU reset advice of switching off the engine, switching on the ignition and pressing the accelerator down 5 times before restarting.Cured the misfire immediately. So it has to be worth a try.Were you expecting a power increase with a new exhaust? I don’t believe you should get any increase with a supersports exhaust, the advantage of that is that it is much much lighter.

quote:Originally posted by BT52:…switching off the engine, switching on the ignition and pressing the accelerator down 5 times before restarting.That sounds like a PlayStation cheat!

I was expecting and do seem to have gotten a power increase, as it appears the dyno was not done correctly so having the same power is then a good thing. It is the eliseparts exhaust not the lotus one.Will try the cheat code hope it works, thanks

Isnt that “cheat” code just to reset the throttle pot ??

quote:Originally posted by IDG: That sounds like a PlayStation cheat!Heh heh that’s what I thought.I was very sceptical, but as the people following me can confirm, it did the trick.