Mallory Park 2nd May

How did Mark D get on in the MGF?

There is no doubt that he prefers his Exige

Unfortunately, for Mark, the MGF was no match for the Loti out on track yesterday, but he seemed to be enjoying himself having a race long tussle with the Elva Once he’s back in his Exige, then I’m sure it will be a different story - fingers crossed

Congrats to Matt and his team (including the wannabees )… all the best with a fantastico result…

… and it’s made me realise what has gone wrong with British motorsport…no one ever smiles at the so called premier championships and that’s a real shame, I think they should all visit Mallory and wake up to how it should be…oh dear soapbox rant sorry guys…

All that sponsorship money that’s involved… all professional approach, business business business… I remember the same thing with motorbikes and in particular it seemed to me to be around the time that Fogerty won his 2nd or 3rd title that the Superbikes went all serious and moody, I seem to remember it being more fun before that with everyone seemingly to be friendly and in it for the racing rather than the money… you defo have to be in the lower/semi-amatuer classes to get that kinda community thing these days… hopefully the AMOC keeps its atmosphere… I wish it wasn’t so darned far to travel tho’… then maybay I could go see some of it…

Congrats to Matt and his team (including the wannabees

Mike - I hope you didn’t intentionally ignore the has-beens ??

Mike - I hope you didn’t intentionally ignore the has-beens ??

Mikey boy

if you mean these guys…

[image]http://www.bookatrack.com/-PG?roxteddy&2227&18122&640[/image]

nah, of course i dinae forget them…

It was great to meet a few more Exigers and watch some cracking racing. The big Astons were particularly fun to watch.

Thanks to Russ and Bernhard for letting me have a look at the different engine conversions. The Audi looked pretty effective and I’m sure it’s blinding in a straight line. The Honda is the one for me though, what a neat installation.

Looking forward to meeting up again soon.

Was great to meet a couple of new faces, and several old ones
Sorry I couldn’t spend more time with you guys, but I’d have totally neglected the missus if I was talking cars all day with you lot.

Russ, I want your wing if you decide you don’t like it

Russ, I want your wing if you decide you don’t like it

I would have let you have it, but we discovered what a great drinks tray it made, so sorry mate!

Russ

Didn’t you tell Brendan that it actually weighs more than the standard wing?

• So does this create additional downforce at the rear end then

Pleased you guys had such a good time , would have joined you but the beast decided to pull another sicky just before set off

would have joined you but the beast decided to pull another sicky just before set off

Didn’t realise that you planned to bring Mrs E too You’ll have trade her in for the S2 - slightly heavier, not as aggresive looking, but better suspenders & rubber wear, along with the option of a performance pack.

LOL - prob is no performance increase - but easier to get in and out of tho’

Russ

Seriously??!!

Brendan

Apparantly so! Oh how I laughed when he told me that! (2.5Kgs compared to 2.4kgs)

Joking apart, it really is a great piece of kit. It will also, of course, produce a substantially greater downforce.

The wing is similar to that being used by Gavan/Barrie in this year’s British GT Series. What a fab car this is - all carbon bodywork, which makes it so light that ballast needs to be added so meets the ruling minimum weight! See Here

Yes it does make a mighty fine picnic table

Have a look http://www.bookatrack.com/-PG?mvagusta&2231&18137&640

Missing Exiges.com stickers on the end though.

Ian

Ian

Photo was taken 5 mins too early

Ah yes, But taken 5 min’s later then the pints would have been empty

Russ
What are you doing with the old wing

I have just bought an ali Elise now waiting for the honda engine
I wouldn’t mind an Exige wing on it

JohnC

If Russ wants to keep hold of his, I will be selling mine, although it is Titanium…

Cheers