m.o.t without cat?

hi all you exigers,new to site. does anyone know if my exige will get through the immisions test without the cat fitted.live in north west near Bury if anyone knows of a friendly m.o.t station local to me.owened exige from new and now 3 years old.Hope this works as i am a novice on a pc.

Unfortunately it’s cat on for MOT then off again at most garages - tho’ some say they have shown CAT to tester and that was enough - sounds like an old wives tail to me tho’
Dont worry about these computer things -they’ll never catch on!!

Yep, cat on for sure - my old Exige with bypass pipe on was nearly 20 times over some of the emissions iirc!!

thanks for advice chaps,fitted cat and passed emmisions no probs.unfortunatly my horn wouldnt work (now fixed) and drivers side headlight was pointing skywords!on investigation found the outer ring that should just (i think)push onto the headlight unit,was hanging off,and cant seem to get the dam thing back on.doesnt help matters trying to get your hand throuth a pokey hole!

Take the front wheel off and the wheel arch liner then you can get at it - while you are there you can take headlamp unit out and clean inside headlamp recess - and then seal it with bath sealant - if you have one of those cars that leaks rain into the headlamp recess… Oh the joys of ownership
Oh and don’t forget to cut some huge holes in the wheel arch liner otherwise you’ll be accused of not driving hard enough----- I’ve only got a tiny bit of liner left on mine!

thanks tone.i also have huge holes at top of wheel arch linner, have tried to repair but its a waist of time.have you read my other slight problem (brake judder)

How’s this for a hole in the wheelarch liner

[image]http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/uploads/post-2-1085511481.jpg[/image]

nice one, you sure you aint got rats in your garage!

TT

What do you expect from a VX???

Ok, I admit, it was my fault - I took the front clam off and there was a plastic screw there that wouldn’t come out so I just cut it off with a hacksaw When I put the liner back in place it looked fine so I left it and that was the state of the liner when I got to Calais after driving to Monte Carlo and back

Is it chock-a-block with gravel by now ???

Looks as if you could be carrying half of a motorway around !!!

But unemployed - gisajob ??

Is that new or old news I missed mike?

Ian

Is it chock-a-block with gravel by now ???

Looks as if you could be carrying half of a motorway around !!!

No it’s fine - I was going to get a replacement liner, but I found out the price was something like �75+vat

I can survive without it for that! I was a little concerned that water may get in and damage the foglamp or headlamp (the sealed units on VXs are �600!! ) but I’ve driven through plenty of rain and no problem so far (touch wood)

But unemployed - gisajob ??

Is that new or old news I missed mike?

Ian

Happened today Ian…

Sorry to hear it Mike.
Hope you sort it soon.

Thanks Tone

Happened today Ian…