Lowest Miles

Not through not wanting to drive it, just lack of time, my 3 year old exige only has 8,000 on the clock. Most of which were done in the first 18 months, then probably about 300 last year! Curious - What kind of mileages do you guys have now?

9500, 2 and a half years old 2001,Y plate.

almost 13,000 miles, 2000 X plate

2001 “51” plate 5500 miles - sad I know but company hack takes me to and from work so just occaisonal weekend use for me

Load of wusses - I have 38,000 miles now

got mine mid-2002 and have 24000 miles.
Most of them going and coming to trackdays

28K miles and one complete overhaul of everything

I agree Mike, they are not trying - Mine has done 38000 trouble free miles (where’s that bit of wood?)

33K miles since January 2001. Precautionary engine refresh/blueprint at 26K miles. Trouble free, apart from a knackered alternator at 21K miles, dodgey 190 ECU from the factory (replaced FOC), & the occasional refusal to start (appears to be cured by trickle charger).

…where’s that bit of wood?

Propping up the engine cover, per chance

& the occasional refusal to start (appears to be cured by trickle charger).

See - battery - I rest my case M’Lud

6700 miles since new April 2001 (& unfortunately just one trackday).I blame over 100,000 company car miles in the same period

24k miles since Jan 2001 - boggo standard & servicing bang up to date…

Wouldn’t start once… it was water in the coil…

Hey Pesky… i like your idea of a “refresh”…

2001 X reg…19000 miles not much to complain about (touch wood that holds up the rear bonnet thing!) done 6500 in the 15 months I’ve owned it…

Actually I use bamboo…

It’s lighter, in the Lotus tradition !!

Wow, there are some big mileages out there! I guess mine’s hardly run-in…

When you get to my mileage, things start to go wrong, for example, I have accelerator problems, and have had one broken linkage, and two separate ‘stuck on full throttle’ incidents, despite ‘mods’ carried out by Lotus…

All in all though I would not swap with anything else…

(except for an Orange Gallardo, of course!!!)

Dec 2001 and 11,000 miles.

Ian

ps. I’m with mike on the bamboo but not on the gallardo (naturally, i’d take one if offered but not swap)

I blame over 100,000 company car miles in the same period

You should get a proper job that doesn’t involve sitting in a car all day. … most of us have to work for a living…

Regards

As I’ll be “working” from home as of April, and with the good weather approaching, I should start putting the miles on it for fun, rather than using it as an a-b car.