Lower your S2 Exige, how much?

I have a S2 Exige with adjustable ride height. Next week i’m going to lower my car. Lotus is recommend 10 mm with my Bilstein suspension kit (super spor tpack). In my ear that sounds not so much.

I’m think of 25-30 mm. What do you think? Too much?

How much has you guys lower your Exiges?

Look on the pictures below.

http://web.telia.com/~u13142329/exige/PICT0010.JPG

[image]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/jamieall/IMG_3635.jpg[/image]
It all depends on ride hight mine is at 120/125 and I get minor wheel arch liner wear. This is on Plans Ohlins with road/track set-up. Go lower you need stiffer springs which will reduce your on road performance.

Hi Jamie,

How do you find the Plans set up ? My Exige is at Plans now getting similar treatment to yours. Plans Ohlins package, Lotus m/s toe link kit and roll bar,motorsport bushes, Bigger disca, Pagids, new brake lines / Fluid, twin oil coolers and Acusump. Hope to get car back this Friday.

Interested to know what your car is like to live with and were you pleased with teh result ?

Thanks

Henry

I have a picture (that I can’t post right now) from an Autocross yesterday. I have Ohlins and my car and it has been lowered 10mm as per factory recommendations. Anyway, on a trail braking turn, the left side front wing is clearing level ground by only 1 inch, so be very careful about not going too low. I am set up for the track not autocrossing though and my front anti-roll bar is on the recommended “middle” setting. I was surpised that it was getting this close to the ground !

Track pac springs are way to soft…I’m runing 550 & 650 lbs. and stock sway bar with on ill efects at all. in fact this sucker corners as if on rails…All four corners are in contace all the time…If you screw with the sway bar past softest setting it will only lift your inside wheel…Remember these wheels and tires don’t weigh enough to bend the dam bar…If you make the bar stiffer you have a Tri-pod in the corners…

I have my Anti roll bar set on the stiffest setting and I have never lifted a wheel and I have a good few shots of it cornering really hard. Mind you I guess as my springs are harder that stops the outside wheel going into to much of a bump state???

That’s the point I was trying to make. The car needs stiffer springs. Especially if your going to lower it…

I think you will be very happy with the setup. Find it fine on the road and amazing on track. It seems to make the most difference in wet conditions giving a lot more confidence. I love been able to play with th settings

Hi Jamie,

How do you find the Plans set up ? My Exige is at Plans now getting similar treatment to yours. Plans Ohlins package, Lotus m/s toe link kit and roll bar,motorsport bushes, Bigger disca, Pagids, new brake lines / Fluid, twin oil coolers and Acusump. Hope to get car back this Friday.

Interested to know what your car is like to live with and were you pleased with teh result ?

Thanks

Henry