Lotus VHPD K Series Camshaft Cover Plate

Anyone know anything about this product or a similar one, or indeed whether it is really needed or not?

web page

[image]http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/images/products/FMLOTCP.jpg[/image]

And what about the one you cant see ?

27 Quid ?

How about 2p for piece of aluminium and two button head screws

You dont need it, it’s just to cover somehting that rotates to stop you catching something on it. Normal EU3 engines have a cover plate that holds the loom, EU2 non wasted spark engines have a distributor cap. A small piece of ally plate and two setscrews (as suggested) should do the trick if you are worried.

Dave

Nope, you don’t need it.

But it looks cool

Agree at the cost…just a new product to me and wondered about the engineering requirement, ie, is it a good idea or has the seal been left open to the elements on purpose?

Steve

The exhaust cam is also exposed isnt it ?

Agree at the cost…just a new product to me and wondered about the engineering requirement, ie, is it a good idea or has the seal been left open to the elements on purpose?

Engineering-wise, there’s pressure only on one side of the seal.
If ever there was grit or sand on the outside, it will not penetrate the seal, because the pressure is on the other side.

So, not needed. If it leaks, it’s not because of external agents, it’s wear or incorrect installement.
Looking at it another way, if it leaks, that little alloy cap will not hold anything anyway.

I think all you posh boyz should get one fitted - don’t want your swanky silk ties getting caught up, do we?

I think all you posh boyz should get one fitted - don’t want your swanky silk ties getting caught up, do we?

I there was I thinking the negine was in the front

Now what are ya drinking (or smoking)?

Now what are ya drinking (or smoking)?

D’oh! My tryping si dcukign terirlbe! MAyn alopolgise!!!