Lotus track day at Knockhill anyone?

Scottish Elise owner, Tut, is in the process of trying to organise a dedicated Lotus day at Knockhill for sometime in September. Obviously this is fairly handy for me but I thought some of you guys south of the border may be interested aswell. I’m sure a few of you have mentioned that you would like to visit Knockhill. Now’s your chance. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/wink.gif[/image] There’s some very scenic and quiet roads to drive on the West coast too if you want to make a couple of days of it.The cost should be circa �99 for an all day and open pit lane format (probably). The final cost will depend on numbers. Free instruction will be available via the circuit instructors.Anyway, it would be helpful if any that are interested could indicate so here to help Tut plan the likely numbers. The more Exige owners, the merrier.

Ally,Guess you’ll have to count me in then.I wonder if we’ll see any more Scottish owners come out of the woodwork for this event?Mike

Excellent Mike - didn’t take much persuasion. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]I should have collared the other two that were at Knockhill recently but never got round to it. Not sure if they are aware of exiges.com . One of the guys that works at Knockhill (Ross) also has an Exige - he was asking me about the S/S exhaust.BTW, I’ll probably try make the SIDC morning session on 20th July too.

Ally,Were you at the SIDC Knockhill last week? I was driving the black 340r.Cheers,Paul

‘allo Paul. Yup, I was there in the BRG Exige. Mike was also there in the Gunmetal Exige. Great weather on the night as I was expecting rain. Something I’m sure you’ll have been pleased about with nae roof!Your 340R looks great in black even though it took me a few secs to work out what looked different about it at first.P.S. Bleedin’ hell - there’s more Scots in this post than I normally see here in a year. Any others lurking about out there?

Well, not a Scot but a furriner in Aberdeen with a new Exige (still breaking in the engine).I’m interested, count me in.You’ll publish the date when you get more people, right?Cheers,Uldis

Hello Uldis. [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image] I’ll update here when there is more info/dates and also mail anyone that’s interested in case they miss the update.

By the way Ally, there is another Exige owner I know of in Aberdeen, but he doesn’t check internet too much.Just to let you know to consider two from this side.UldisPS- is it my impression or there does not seem to be a big Lotus-owner population in Scotland, or, where are they? maybe they just don’t know about this website.Maybe if we got some exiges.com stickers on the Lotus dealers up here we could get some more people’s attention…But who? Admin5?

Uldis,There’s about 250 members in the Scottish Elises! Any track day at Knockhill is always dominated by Lotus.Paul

Uldis, there must be quite a few Exige Scottish owners that aren’t aware of this site unless they are lurking. Just need to spread the word around as it’s an invaluable reference for info.BTW, there is a SIDC track day at Knockhill on the 20th July if anyone is interested?Cost is �70 but it’s just the morning (9am-1pm). I hope to make it.