Lotus Sport Windscreen Banner

Hi,

I’ve just bought this for my S1. I thought I’d pay extra for a genuine item so am hoping it is superior quality to an Ebay job.

I assume you just position it and peel off backing and hope for the best!

Any tips so I don’t make right royal mess of it!

Use lots of water, slightly soapy, and you’ll be able to move it around a little before you commit.

I’d like to put one on two. Show us some pics once you’re done. :slight_smile:

Make sure it is fully dry if using the above method before going for a drive…voice of experience here :blush:

I recently made my own.

I bought some 3M di-noc and cut this down to 140mm. I then bought a Lotus Sport decal in gloss black (to contrast with the matt background.

Just finished fitting:

Rather pleased with how it’s turned and total cost was less the £20 (y)

I like that :thumbup:

If anyone wants an Exiges.com script instead of the Lotus Sport one, to do similar to Designer’s approach above then I can supply in return for a donation to our charity. I can do it easily in silver but can conceivably do any colour you want.

What are the MOT regs on these? I have never had a problem with Lotus one but would it be a problem with a solid top section?

Like that, but unfortunately too tall. Where did you get the lotus sport decal. May go well on a wing.

I could be wrong, but has it got something to do with the arc of the wiper blade regarding the MOT.

From the autoglass website

Windscreens and the MOT test
The MOT test covers the condition of the windscreen plus that of the windscreen wipers and washers.
You car may fail its MOT if:
The washers do not provide enough liquid to clear the windscreen in conjunction with the windscreen wipers
The windscreen wipers are missing, insecure or in poor condition so that they do not clear the windscreen to give the driver a clear view of the road ahead
The windscreen is chipped or cracked. The maximum damage size is 10mm in the drivers’ line of vision (a vertical strip 290mm wide centred on the steering wheel), 40mm elsewhere in the rest of the area swept by the wiper blades.
Even a small windscreen chip within a driver’s line of vision could cause a windscreen to fail an MOT test, so drivers hoping to pass their MOT should make sure windscreens are repaired or replaced as necessary before an MOT test takes place.

and from her majesty’s finest govt

Item 3: View to the Front

To clear up some confusion when considering ‘view to the front’, from receipt of this special notice you should consider the following before failing for damage or obstruction within the swept area of the windscreen.

From the driver’s seat, check the view of the road through the swept area of the windscreen. Only fail the vehicle if there is damage or an obstruction -

 in zone A, greater than a 10mm diameter circle and which materially affects the driver’s view of the road.  in the remainder of the swept area, greater than a 40mm diameter circle and which materially affects the driver’s view of the road.

Note: Where any damage or obstruction does not impair the driver’s view of the road, the vehicle should pass. If it only affects the driver’s view of the sky or the bonnet then this is not to be considered a reason for rejection. This is a general assessment of driver’s view – you are not required to speculate on the effects on tall or short drivers. Any manufacturer’s original design characteristics are to be accepted.

The inspection manual will be amended at the next available opportunity.

Jargon galore, Tim.
Mine was due a refusal with an exiges.com screen strip but passed after the sympathetic garage " peeled it off" before a successful MoT, and then re-fitted (allegedly),

Technically, it would fail an MOT as it’s within the swept arc of the wiper blade. You could fit a smaller wiper blade for MOT time or use a friendly MOT garage.

I think the windscreen sunstrip is low down on the list of MOT worries when running a decatted, supercharged, charge cooled, Honda come MOT time.

That’s not correct. Providing the strip only blocks sky and not the road it is ok as the swept area of the screen through which the road can be seen is unaffected. See the bit I highlighted in bold from my above post :slight_smile:

Note: Where any damage or obstruction does not impair the driver’s view of the road, the vehicle should pass. If it only affects the driver’s view of the sky or the bonnet then this is not to be considered a reason for rejection

This is advice from the government to test centres.