Lotus Motorsport

Today I finally made the pilgrimage from Preston to Hethel to drop my 2-Eleven off at Lotus Motorsport to have some work done.

It was a complete b’stard of a journey with traffic jams, roadworks, gales, rain, the lot.

Rowland at LMS made me a cup of tea and showed me round the 3-11’s in various states of build including the matte grey 3-11 race car mule from the Nurburgring videos. Russ from Mick Gardner Racing was doing some Ohlins set up work on one of the 3-11 race cars. All very interesting and very cool.

I’m glad I went :slight_smile:
image.jpeg

very cool, interesting to see how a properly sorted 2-11 vs a 3-11 goes

The 3-eleven will be miles faster around a circuit I reckon. Huge aero, massive brakes, loads of power. The 3-eleven is a serious piece of kit. Very impressive in the flesh.

Very cool

I think the 3-11 will have it in terms of outright pace on most circuits. However, with the 2-11 being at least 1/4 of a tonne lighter overall it will win over being more driver focussed for releasing its performance.

Did you see a red GTE floating about in th workshop, adam?

Expecting floods at Potash Lane?

No I didn’t see any GTE’s there. There was a partition to the right of my car behind the T125 which was hiding something though. In the main workshop there were only body-less 311’s and Evora race cars.

Interesting to see that the front 2/3rds of the 311 look pretty much S2, with crash structure and chassis. The final 3rd has a lot going on with anti roll bars and longer sub frame.

so what are you having done?

Having a full cage fitted :slight_smile: