Lotus Mad

So, having an ExigeR & S2 11S, isn’t enough for some!

The Russmeister has just gone & bought a bright yellow Esprit Sport 300

For those not too well up on “matters Esprit”, like me, it appears that the Sport 300 is to the race cars what the Exige is to the Motorsport Elises. In oprder words, it ain’t a big lardy cruiser, oh no

Just been out in it for a 15 min blast - very quick indeed

[image]http://www.fast-autos.net/lotus/sport300.jpg[/image]

[color:“green”] mumble mumble mumble [/color]

Has it got a Honda engine then??

[color:“green”] [/color] chuckle chuckle chuckle [color:“green”] [/color]

AAArrrgghhh!!!

guys, this is painful!
Some peole are just sooo fortunate!

I wish I had a really quick sportcar, like a Lotus …
Oh wait, I have one!

Not quite the same but i bought myself a Porsche 924 Turbo today

Thought that was actually a VW Phil?!

944 Tubro - now you’re talking!

Already had one of those Ian the 250BHP version with adjustable boost but for me the 924 handles much better, going to add an intercooler and few other bits to beef it up

Oh and please wash your mouth out, its like saying the Exige is only a Rover

Not quite the same but i bought myself a Porsche 924 Turbo today

Bleedin heck… you guys have already got at least one excellent car why go spoilin the fantasy that i can keep up…

Oh Phil that’s abit of a relic ain’t it… do you have to pay road fund licence for a 924 anymore ?? heh heh…

Its a bit of a beastie alright - rear tyres over a foot wide, and it will break traction and slide like an Elise.
Standard LSD, 4 pot calipers all round, it has already got all the right bits. The Exige would have it round Anglesey though!

Oh and please wash your mouth out, its like saying the Exige is only a Rover

No honestly, I do believe VW made the standard 924 or the engine or something. Just joshing Phil, enjoy your new motor.

I thought that was the 914 / 6 ?

Yes Mike the 914 was a joint venture between Porsche and VW, the 924 started out the same way but Porsche ‘bought’ the design, they used the VW LT85 engine in it but with a reworked head, (similar to what Lotus have done with the K) they even made a 924 GTP version with 420BHP from the 1984cc engine [color:“green”] [/color]

Oh Phil that’s abit of a relic ain’t it… do you have to pay road fund licence for a 924 anymore ?? heh heh…

Yep its old (just like me ) I have a liking for the older 80’s Porsche’s

mullet hairdo’s and disco breeches??.. or was that the 70’s ?? mmm…