Lotus K4 to Emerald M3DK ECU swap.

Can anybody please tell me where i can get an adapter plug for the wiring loom so i can plug an Emerald ECU into place of the Lotus K4 ECU. Or is it a case of plicing into the cables and making one up? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

As far as i know there is no adapter for the exige - You have to cut the existing connector off and fit the new one you get supplied with the emerald.

Mate the Exige S1 has the same connector as an Esprit on the ECU.

I spoke to Dave at Emerald years ago (remember that Dad?) and they wanted to make some looms but could not get hold of the plugs - I assume that is still the case so its a soldering iron job unfortunately.

Cheers

Yes thats what i figured Russ. I’m not going to cop the OE connector off though but splice the Emerald one in and that way if anything goes tits up i can revert back to the OE one.

Don’t think i’ll be K series much longer though as i’ve got a source for Mugen Honda K20’s out of Japan. All high tech internals and large N/A BHP.

Will have to source a martin and Steve fitting kit then. Then i’ll be up for the Biggest BHP Exige in the southern hemisphere.

The Exige and 340R ECU is physically the same as an Esprit one (IIRC V8 only), but unfortunately the guys that have hacked the Esprit version can’t help with remapping ours.

The connector to plug in to the loom connector is only made as a PCB mounted one, so making an adapter isn’t easy, but I’m in the process of building one using the connector and case from a damaged ECU. It also includes a relay to drive the fuel pump so will be fully plug and play.

I’ll post some pictures when it’s done.

Dave Walker fitted and mapped mine… cut and spliced every wire!

Will have to source a martin and Steve fitting kit then. Then i’ll be up for the Biggest BHP Exige in the southern hemisphere.

You’ll have to be going some Jez as Dave Mackie in Oz is getting about 350bhp out of his Yellow beastie in S/C Honda form