Lotus futures news

Interview with Lotus management bods here .

No power upgrades planned for Exige S2…

I suspect a few engine upgade firms will be rubbing their hands with glee at the potential niche

Well that’ll keep Exige values up then.

Ian

and last year didn’t they say there were no plans for an Exige S2 ??

Yeah, but at least we know they’re doing something else this year!

Besides, I thought the S2 is really an Elise Coupe?

Ian

Well I went for an Exige convertable, or 111R if you prefer. All this official talk of ‘no plans’ etc sounds just like 1997/98

So Lotus don’t do engine upgrades without looking at other aspects of the car???
What about the original 135 kit for the S1 Elise

I can’t see Lotus offering an unmodified product for the next 2-3 years, as a look at just about any previous 2-3 year period will testify

‘No plans’ probably means ‘oops, we’ve been rumbled again’

We can’t put a time on the new supercar means…’ we don’t want another M250 cock-up’

I suppose they could just say: “Due to customer demand we just had to rush out a more powerful one!”

Ian

Besides, I thought the S2 is really an Elise Coupe?

But I thought that was the idea of the S1 as well
John

But I thought that was the idea of the S1 as well
John

Err, S1 Exiges & Elises were somewhat different in the powertrain dept for starters - as you well know, me old mucker

Err, S1 Exiges & Elises were somewhat different in the powertrain dept for starters - as you well know, me old mucker

Rob
So are you saying the S1 was just a dumbed down version of the Elise Motorsport
John

Rob
So are you saying the S1 was just a dumbed down version of the Elise Motorsport

Yep, & I’ve no problem with that

PS Have you got the new DVD yet - our beer is already in the cooler

Rob
Yep, new tele and DVD have arrived, still boxed though. Just awaiting new carpet fitting this Friday before I set it all up. No suite at the mo though, that’s been sold on and picked up today, think delivery of new one around end of month so having to drag the one out the conservatory for now
Got Tues eve next week free or any day the following week to suit you and Russ. I’ll just get the ‘naggin tackle’ to lose herself with a bottle of wine and a pizza to her mates around the corner for the evening.

Was practising my home made chappaties last night in readiness, got them off to a fine art now.
John

John

Next Tuesday could be ideal - Randy is staying Chez Pesky for a trackday at Oulton on Weds I could be persuaded to offer Russ B&B as well, cos he’s also at Oulton the next day

PS Russ wants “chippaties”

Rob
Sounding even better, I’m off work the Tuesday, so give me plenty of time to prepare the curries n bits. Don’t have to get up too early the Wednesday as away for a couple of days on a course in Staffordshire, not starting until 1:00pm so was going to pop my head in at Oulton Park for an hour or so anyway. We have a couple of spare beds if needed as well. Curry for four then??
John