Lotus extended warranty

Has anyone had any experience with the Lotus extended warranty? Its the one that is offered directly from Lotus, costs (i think) �650 for 2 years, �800 for three. Basically covers all major components for failure (ex wear and tear and body/trim/interior/air con ). My warranty expires in December, and while previously I was going to chop my S2 in for a brand new S, i’m actually thinking about holding on to the current car now. Several reasons - not least that over the last 10k miles she’s really opened up, practically a different car now. I like the idea of having peace of mind should the toyota lump go pop - but has anyone had difficulty claiming on this warranty?

I have also considered the extended warranty as my 11 month old car has already covered 18k miles. most of my warranty work that ive had done so far is stuff you say thats excluded, cant understand why so many exceptions?! Im guessing there is also a mileage limit on the extended warrranty…

Has anyone had any experience with the Lotus extended warranty? Its the one that is offered directly from Lotus, costs (i think) �650 for 2 years, �800 for three. Basically covers all major components for failure (ex wear and tear and body/trim/interior/air con ). My warranty expires in December, and while previously I was going to chop my S2 in for a brand new S, i’m actually thinking about holding on to the current car now. Several reasons - not least that over the last 10k miles she’s really opened up, practically a different car now. I like the idea of having peace of mind should the toyota lump go pop - but has anyone had difficulty claiming on this warranty?

Cough

Extending my warranty was mentioned by the dealer at a cost of almost �900 for the year. However it only covers stuff which has actually broken (i.e. if a bearing was grumbling then it would have to fail completely before it would be covered) and doesn’t cover the hole in my manifold either.

I think an AA parts & labour warranty at �100 is a more sound investment.