Lotus Emeya . . .

Well, what do we think?
Never been much discussion here on Lotus new range.

This just does not float my boat.

It doesn’t help that I am not in the market for this kind of vehicle either.

1 Like

Agreed. Doesn’t look as good as the Taycan. I do like the slogan, though

I think Lotus has a lot of work to do regarding image. Lotus to me meant Elise/Exige. The very definition of less is more and lightweight sportscars.

If I were to be in the market for spending ÂŁ60k+ on a sports car I would most likely be looking at a Porsche, same with the ÂŁ80k+ electric family sports car like a Taycan. Personally I think the Taycan is a fantastic looking machine.

Lotus - lightweight sports cars.

1 Like

I was in London this week and went into the Piccadilly showroom. The Eletra suv is the size of a bungalow, but the interior was lovely. With no exhaust sound I am out.

4 months in with my Emira and all good although a decat is planned to get more noise.

My Exige is the one I pick when I want a blast.

1 Like

Isn’t it just a polestar in drag?

1 Like

I often wonder* what the Lotus crowd thought when the cars started adding weight over the years (Esprit went from sub 1000kg to over 1300kg for instance).

*I shall wonder no more at some point as I’ll ask those who were around at the time in the near future.

TBH, my attitude is “it’s not for me, move along”. I just hope Lotus do well but then I thought that when Bahar joined :rofl:

1 Like

If I want powerful electric, Pork Taycan all the way. However, these new models need to do well in order for Lotus to succeed. IF they do succeed then hopefully the fun light stuff will come back.

I went to the Goodwood Revival a couple of weeks back and they had an Elan, Emira, Evija and Electra. I stood by the Electra and a young lady Lotus sales and marketing girl asked me if I liked it, like others I said the interior was nice but the car was missing 3 things. She looked bemused and asked what, I said, it’s missing a pedal, a gearstick and noise! She still looked puzzled and the remarks sailed over her head!

I’ve had many Lotus cars over the years, all had pin sharp handling, great performance and a decent noise. I have been offered a launch edition Emira with 3000 miles on the clock for £63k! Tempted yes but not yet, I reckon in another year that could be Sub £60k with only a few more miles on it. An Emira will most likely be the last Lotus I buy. With values falling like a stone you can see why Porsche owners are not tempted to Lotus.

As well as my S1 Exige I still own some early cars, Elans and Europa, They may all be slow now in the 0-60 race, but I recently left a Tesla for dead in the Exigeas soon as the twisty bits came up. Long live old Lotus.

It’s sad isn’t it, in a recent Lotus communication it said” As Lotus transitions from an iconic sports car maker to an automotive luxury brand bla bla bla ………. says it all really!

Sad, but true. How about some pics and story of your life with S1 Exige?

I couldnt resist this photo opportunity!
To think the battery pack in the Eletre is about the same all up weight as the Exige parked up next to it…
IMO Lotus need to have a major re-think about their future strategy and stop ripping out the heart of the very thing which has secured their appeal and success over the years.

1 Like

Look at the Lotus cars launched, S1 Elise, S2 Elise, all the Exige variants, Esprit etc. You drive one and feel special, people see you driving them and look, admire, give praise.
The current new cars just slot into the same mould as everything else on the road, that the market dictates and as such Geely/Lotus can sell (hopefully) more volume.