Lotus close ratio C64 gearbox?

This 211 GT4 for sale has a non sequential close ratio gearbox fitted to it. Does anyone know anything about this box?

Please let it be a robust upgrade for the C64 for reasonable money!

http://www.lotrdc.com/classifieds/show-ad/?id=123

Yeah it’s Mark Gooday’s car. The factory did a couple of development boxes, one with a different final drive and one with a full set of c/r gears (very similar to the ratios I have in the sadev). Mark had a habit of destroying STD gearboxes so they gave it to him to run in his car under race conditions for feedback, I believe the box was removed aft so long and sent back to the factory for inspection, all was good. Doubt you will get any info from the factory or they will want to do anything with it (they would have done it by now) but if you speak to Datum Motorsport they should be able to offer something similar.

Gav

I know Lotus Sport tested a few cars with the Kaaz gearset but were not impressed with them enough to sell them as an upgrade to fix the weak standard gearset, not sure if these will be the same?

Is Mark getting an Evora GT4 Gav?

I’ll see what I can find out :slight_smile:

I don’t think Mark even knows what he’s doing yet… I bet he’ll stay with the 2-11