Lotus 250R sneak peek...

…I dropped plans loan car back today so i was able to visit my car.

Stuck in the corner of the workshop

I do like the new wheels,was’nt sure if i would like the silver as much.

Hopefully not too long until i get it back now.

Marc.

For those too lazy to click…

[image]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f222/lotusman1/26062007009.jpg[/image]

[image]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f222/lotusman1/26062007013.jpg[/image]

is it an official model ? or a plans special ?

It’s all lotus parts.

You can tell it’s a Lotus by the great fit lines. Mines the same !

I imagine it must help with Aero or cooling in some way ?

Ex77

Oh perrrleeeez. Enough already. What is it with this rebranded numbers malarky. I presume its another “Cup” type conversion using bits roughly equivalent to the Cup 255?

Surely this is a Plans upgrade/conversion based on an S?

Oh perrrleeeez. Enough already. What is it with this rebranded numbers malarky. I presume its another “Cup” type conversion using bits roughly equivalent to the Cup 255?

Surely this is a Plans upgrade/conversion based on an S?

Nope mine is a boggo std 54 plate N/A S2

Oh sorry. I thing I misunderstood the thread . This is your personal project…I see

What have they done, it sounds like a full 240R style conversion (engine, suspension, wheels, accu sump?). Where does it get the extra 10 from? Cup 255 Airbox and a bit more tweakery?

Oh sorry. I thing I misunderstood the thread . This is your personal project…I see

What have they done, it sounds like a full 240R style conversion (engine, suspension, wheels, accu sump?). Where does it get the extra 10 from? Cup 255 Airbox and a bit more tweakery?

It is basically the 255 kit yes.I already had the suspension done last year,and they have also fitted twin oil coolers and spa oil guage,240R gearbox with LSD,uprated clutch,And i dropped off MOG carbon seats,harness bar,schroth harnesses,snap off wheel boss,omp wheel,odessey battery and a CRP.And breathe.

Is that all?

A new guy started in our office today. He’s just left Lotus. He wasn’t directly involved with the Exige but it was very intersting chatting to him…gearbox did come up in the conversation

I can’t see anything - is that just me?

I can’t see anything - is that just me?

Yeah, its you. Your brain has psychologically blocked it because it looks the dogs … and you’d be too jealous… only kid. Are you reading this at work? If so your works server probably blocks photo hosting websites.

Is there a limit to the number of cars you can make before you have to meet certain regulations hence all the myriad of special editions ?

I’m sure there will be a big press release saying that it’s the fastest Lotus ever and manages to finish a lap of Hethel before it’s even started.

Is there a limit to the number of cars you can make before you have to meet certain regulations hence all the myriad of special editions ?

I’m sure there will be a big press release saying that it’s the fastest Lotus ever and manages to finish a lap of Hethel before it’s even started.

It’s not a special edition,it’s my car being converted by plans.

The kit offered by Plans Motorsport is NOT an official lotus product in it’s entirety,the kit consists of a mixture of lotus parts and parts developed by Graham at plans

marc.

It is basically the 255 kit yes.I already had the suspension done last year,and they have also fitted twin oil coolers and spa oil guage,> 240R gearbox > with LSD,uprated clutch,And i dropped off MOG carbon seats,harness bar,schroth harnesses,snap off wheel boss,omp wheel,odessey battery and a CRP.And breathe.

What’s a “240R gearbox”? AFAIK, even the 240R has the same Yota gearbox that comes standard in the NA model. Or is the close-ratio gearbox?

Cheers

Gearbox is the same they just uprate the clutch - is it the Quaife LSD?

The 240R gearbox has the TRD plate type LSD fitted.

now all you need is one of these

[image]http://www.exiges.eu/pics/wow.jpg[/image]

is that a 255 cuop roof in carbon?

if so, where is that available from?