Looking to buy myself an s1 exige

Just joined the forum, and thought id say hi

im currently looking to buy an exige in the next few months, so fingers crossed i should have one before xmas.

I owned an s1 elise for 2 years, but moved in with my girlfriend, ans as she couldn’t drive i had to sell her to get something a bit more practical . so im currently driving an integra type r, which i think is sensational.

however…cut a long story sort, she can drive now so im after an exige. Just wondering of any known problems, what the running costs are like etc.

id be very grateful in some response, to give me a better idea. Ive got loads of vids, so i know what the performance is like, and as for the looks to sexy to describe!!!

many thanks

regards

J

H ELLO.IF YOUR LOOKING FOR AN EXIGE I MAY HAVE THE CAR FOR YOU.AZURE BLUE.FSH.HARNESSES,EXTINGUISHER,ETC.NEVER RACED.
BELONGED TO A DIRECTOR AT LOTUS.I AM THE 2ND OWNER.LOOKING TO BUYSEND AN EMAIL IF YOUR PROPERTY ABROAD.I AM NOT A DEALER.SEND AN EMAIL IF INTERESTED

Hi James good choice…you shouldn’t have any problem in finding one as there are plenty for sale at the moment.

James,

I just saw a aqua metallic Exige S1 on Autotrader.co.uk with 7,900 miles for �19,000.

I believe it is a car I have looked at…and it is near immaculate. It has 100% armorfend kit so there is not a chip on it. Also a stock 177 without all the mods could indicate that it hasn’t been knackered.

Check it out. BTW, I am not the seller. I am happy with my Lazer Blue S1.

Cheers

moved in with my girlfriend, ans as she couldn’t drive i had to sell her

Isn’t that a bit extreme?

Agree, what about driving lessons?

Mind you, how much did you sell her for?

oh mate! that does sound really good! unusual colour aswell, im gunna sell my car first, then am on the hunt for one, preferably in azure blue like my elise or titanium! cant wait!

yeah it might sound a bit extreme, but i was starting to put a lot of miles on it too, and needed to sell it before i lost too much. I do miss it. Anyone got one in azure blue? Love to see some pics

j

Here’s some pis of my car. Bought it about a month ago and love it but not had a chance to really use it yet

Dont do half measures. Get an S2 and have done with it. This will stop you from upgrading in 6 months anyway.

Dons full Nomex suit and stands back

colin, your car looks amazing, love that colour! ive looked at that advert several times before on pistonheads.

As for the s2 mate, its a bit out of my price range unfortunately.

there is a lazer blue s1 exige that lives in stotfold i think (Bedfordshire), is it anyone on this forum? id love to see it close up.

God!! all this talking is really winding me up, ive gota sell my car and get one haha

J

Dont do half measures. Get an S2 and have done with it. This will stop you from upgrading in 6 months anyway.

Dons full Nomex suit and stands back

Well there’s some irony, given your site name!

Ian