Looking to buy an exige

[/quote]
Seriously, film on the side windows does help as well in high ambient temps [/quote]

Which film are you thinking of?..
Ice cold in Alex
Scott of the Antartic, or
One flew over the cuckoos nest

Tim.

was thinking of UV Solar Deluxe Film

Main features :

Allows 61% of visible light through
Reduces the sun’s heat by 50%
Reduces the sun’s glare by 32%
Reduces UV transmission upto 99.9%

Tim LOL

Buying a S2 is definitely out of the question…

But there are 2nd hand S2s nearly as cheap as S1s! An option?

Ian

An S1 is probably the most depreciation-resistant car you can get.

An S1 is probably the most depreciation-resistant car you can get.

Yep, you cant argue with that!!!

Thats good news for all of us S1 owners!

I would like to buy a S2…Elise or Exige but the price over here in Malaysia is nearly GBP75000 after all the taxes and duties. The S1 Elise wasnt too bad at around GBP30000 cause it was assembled locally.

Anybody know of anyone selling Exige clams? I know that is blasphemy especially on this forum but can’t get an Exige over here. Nobody has one.

Ah, it’s the Elise’s local build that makes them cheaper.

MADDOG for the clams?

Get a VHPD, UCR box and tweaked suspension and you pretty much have an Exige. There’s plenty of those about at the moment.

Ian

Anybody know of anyone selling Exige clams? I know that is blasphemy especially on this forum but can’t get an Exige over here

Eliseparts sell them (as Elise Motorsport panels). My car is a re-panelled Elise.

[image]http://www.evoposters.net/carpics/album291/blackcar.sized.jpg[/image]

Eliseparts sell them (as Elise Motorsport panels). My car is a re-panelled Elise.

Dave - just so nobody is confused, its worth pointing out that the Motorsport panels are actually different from the Exige panels. So if someone is going to rebody an Elise they have a straight two way choice or they can mix and match parts from each kit (with a bit of bodging along the way!)

Anybody know of anyone selling Exige clams? I know that is blasphemy especially on this forum but can’t get an Exige over here

[image]> http://www.evoposters.net/carpics/album291/blackcar.sized.jpg> [/image]

And it looks just beautiful!

You went the Audi route didn’t you David?

EDIT: by the way, does that roof come off, i.e. can you drive it roofless?

Great, somebody on the forum has got the Eliseparts bodykit. I have a coupla questions:

1. Are the Eliseparts Motorsport clams lighter/heavier than the Exige clams.
  2. Is it a straight fix onto the Elise ie. no modifications needed.
  3. How much did it cost for the entire kit
  4. Does the vents at the rear hatch allow rain water to drop into the engine. cause it rains quite heavily over here. I have seen the original Lotus motorsport clams and the vents are pretty big.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, anyone know of anyone selling used Exige clams?

Unfortunately the car had been converted prior to buying it.

Geary @ Eliseparts is a very friendly guy and will answer any questions you may have.

I don’t park my car overnight anywhere, so there is never really much rain getting into the engine bay. I am told it is much better for cooling the engine bay though.

I think you could remove the roof… (like any Elise variant) but that’s sacrilegious talk around here

I would like to buy a S2…Elise or Exige but the price over here in Malaysia is nearly GBP75000 after all the taxes and duties. The S1 Elise wasnt too bad at around GBP30000 cause it was assembled locally.

Anybody know of anyone selling Exige clams? I know that is blasphemy especially on this forum but can’t get an Exige over here. Nobody has one.

Rails, I’ll have clams, engine cover and roof to sell very soon (without the split in the rear clam)they are in the process of being moulded up

Maddog, thanks for the heads up. Do you have an indicative price for the kit? Is it going to be lighter than the Exige clams?

BTW, how much heavier is the Exige over the standard Elise?

I haven’t got an exact prices yet but will be between �2-�2,5K

thats for front clam, rear clam, M/sport Roof, M/Sport engine cover, front spoiler and oversills

they will be a little lighter than the standard exige clams but I don’t want to make them too flimsy

[image]> http://www.evoposters.net/carpics/album291/blackcar.sized.jpg> [/image]

you could have washed it before you took the pic

Unfortunately the car had been converted prior to buying it.

Geary @ Eliseparts is a very friendly guy and will answer any questions you may have.

I don’t park my car overnight anywhere, so there is never really much rain getting into the engine bay. I am told it is much better for cooling the engine bay though.

I think you could remove the roof… (like any Elise variant) but that’s sacrilegious talk around here

What do you mean unfortunately?

Aren’t you happy with the Audi conversion?

Maddog,

What kinda timeframe are we looking at for the motorsport kit

I think he meant Elise to MS clams converted…