Looking for an exige

Hi all,

i am currently looking to buy an exige. Does anyone know the history of any of the exiges up for sale at the moment on autotrader. I see there are a couple around �20/21k - what can i realistically expect for this sort of money?

Its not so easy for me to go and look at most of the cars ive seen as im based in Scotland and they all seem to be for sale around the London area.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers

I’m still fairly new to all this so can’t help too much but have a pretty good idea of mechanics and what an Exige should sound like (when my wheel speed sensor is working! Grr!) so if there’s any near me that you want me to have a first look over just let me know

Not sure about some of the ones for sale, but I can tell you about the one at �21750 at www.goldstar-racing.com, cos it’s my old car

Not much in the way of options, but in good condition. You will need to like black - black with black wheels, black leather and black tinted windows (bling). It’s major plus point is that I have already forked out �3500 for a bottom end engine rebuild (part of the reason I had to sell it), so mechanically it should be very sound - it was done by the guys at Lakeside, and they know their stuff. The main part was a new crank, but along with that it has a new timing belt, new Toyos and a new AP racing clutch, plus just had a ‘B’ service.

HTH

TT

Mine’s for sale in the classifieds on this site.

Copy of advert:

Exige - Silver Metallic (S2 colour) Registered last day possible for an Exige on 31/12/01 on 51 plate. Ordered from factory with black Motorsport seats and 4 point harness and black/light grey interior. Aircon (not great as we all know) and CD player.

Cost �26,000 last May and had 5294 miles on it from previous lady owner now got 9,500 miles on it.

Since purchase has had:

Full Lotus 190 conversion by dealer.
B&M Sports Shift fitted.
New clutch hose.
Braided brake lines.
New front EBC discs
New Pagid RS14 pads all round.
Janspeed Sports Exhaust
Silence cat replacement pipe (cat come seperate with car !)
Extra ventilation to rear clam with easily removable rear number plate and surround.
Smoked indicator lenses.

Currently running on A048’s but will also supply 4 used A039’s with car.

This is seriously well sorted good condition car - known to lots of people on SELOC, some on here and the guys Lakeside. Car not on finance and all FSH showing recent oil change in between service intervals.

Reason for sale is all the usual personal circumstance stuff involved with a baby, another bedroom needed and share options I can’t cash in yet !!!

�24,000 or offers

Ring me on 07970566030.

RemarkLima

Thanks for that offer. There is a titanium coloured one at Alexander David Motor Co. which looks interesting. Is this anywhere near you? Do you know how this colour looks on the car?

DavidR - your car sound the business. Unfortunetly it is just out of my price range though!!

Cheers guys

RemarkLima

Thanks for that offer. There is a titanium coloured one at Alexander David Motor Co. which looks interesting. Is this anywhere near you? Do you know how this colour looks on the car?

DavidR - your car sound the business. Unfortunetly it is just out of my price range though!!

Cheers guys

Alexander David is just up the road from me - I nearly bought that very Exige last August but it was sold before I got to test drive it, and it is now back with them. I think they look great in that colour (kind of a dark, gunmetal grey metallic). That car has some very nice Willans 4 point harnesses plus a sports exhaust. The only thing is that there was a guy on here looking for an Exige recently (neilA) who looked at it and when I spoke to him (he lives near me), he said he’d seen it, and wasn’t happy with the history (not exactly sure what he said). I could go and have a look at for you if you want (any excuse )

TT

TT good to see you’re still looking in on the board matey hows the new motor

TT good to see you’re still looking in on the board matey hows the new motor

Good thanks mate

Though nothing seems to go smoothly with my motors - had it Armourfended, but whilst removing the Vauxhall heli tape in front of the drivers side rear wheel arch it started lifting the paintwork, and so I had to have that bit resprayed… and a 5-45am start last week to do a round trip of 130 miles before work to visit Armourfend!!

Then this week I was supposed to have the Regal backbox I bought 2nd hand fitted by Lakeside, but there was a part missing so it wouldn’t fit, so I paid them �100 to put the std one back on

Finally I am still waiting for the soft top roof struts from my local dealer (they were missing when I bought the car, and I have the hard top on at the moment)… but I am still loving it

I also went to the big SELOC track day at Bedford last weekend (as a passenger) and it was great to see some of the Exiges there - RemarkLimas and NeilA’s new one in particular!

TT