Longest straight in the UK.

Just wondering if anyone knows the which straight is the longest in the UK? Also what sort of speed are you getting and what set up do you have???

There’s a bit on the M4 that you can look ahead for a good couple of miles, dead straight.

70mph obviously. Anything else would be bad!!! :wink:

Must be the Bentley straight at Snetterton I would have thought.

Dan

I would suggest an airfield vmax day?

My cars geared to do 140mph at 8000rpm in 5th gear. I’m just trying to work out roughly if the hearing is going to be to short for where ever the longest motor circuit straight in the UK is.

Max i ever saw was about 132/133 on my S2 with sequential.
If i was building another S2 your top gear ratio/ speed would be what i would be using

Cool, I guess I could always up the limiter a few 100 rpm.

What speed are people up to at Bedford along the back straight? Ben’s Honda has to be one of the quickest.

Elvington must have one of the longest straights as F1 cars have used it for for testing.

Bruntingthorpe has the longest straight, I once did a max speed test there in a Venturi 400, we got it to 178 mph in the wet

How about on proper circuits like Silverstone, Donnington, Bedford, Rockingham, Snetterton…

I’m guessing it will also depend on the corner before. West 8 on to the straight at Bedford is quite tight so that would effect the speed at the end of the straight.

Would be a bit rubbish still having 300 meters left hand having value bounce.

You need a handicap Ayrton Fluffy !

That was a few years back now, what ever happens to Clive??? Every time I saw him he was on the grass but he was a good sport. The good old days.

Yeah my car got North of 140mph at Bedford and at Brunters…but not with a VHPD in the back!!

Maybe you should ask what’s the longest straight,…where you’re likely to get a good strong following wind :laughing:

Top speeds, this is all very unLotus you know?

Come on Ben, what mph is officially north of 140 at Bedford???

141mph?

Bruntingthorpe i think u can carry something like 100mph through the huge corner leading to the uber-straight,

Did 100 around Copse 10 years ago on standard suspension when I first got the Exige. Really glad they changed the gravel to Tarmac.

I think the only way I’m going to find out if it’s geared correctly is get it on the track.

How much power do you have?

Keevil airfield F1 used it for straight line speed testing :slight_smile: