Living with an Exige?

Ok so I have survived two years and 30000 miles in my S1 Elise as my every day car and its time for a change. Does anyone here use their Exige as an everyday car if not why not?

quote:Originally posted by phil leech:Ok so I have survived two years and 30000 miles in my S1 Elise as my every day car and its time for a change. Does anyone here use their Exige as an everyday car if not why not?If you can live with an Elise every day, living with an Exige will be easy. The only differences are they are noiser and you can’t see jack sh*t out of the rear view mirror half of the time. They leak a little less and you can’t take the hood off.Other than that, they are faster, handle better and look great on the road (IMHO)Some people say you can’t hear the stereo, but mine is fine, except when on full throttle, and then you really only want to hear the engine anyway. Cruising the stereo copes ok.Having had an Elise, I find the Exige is more civilised to drive.

Thanks for the reply… exactly what I wanted to hear… better try and find one now.Phil

31000 mile in eighteen months and loved every mile - its gotta go now though to make way for a new toy!!

quote:Originally posted by Mike T:its gotta go now though to make way for a new toy!!Ecky thump Mike! What are you getting instead?

Co car tax kept me away from the M3 so I opted out and am in the process of heavily modifying a Clio V6 - should end up about 280bhp with trophy suspension/brakes and numerous other bits (seats harnesses etc). Will have another Exige before I die - best car I ever drove.Little Mike is double gutted so I had to buy him a kart!!!

Hello people - new blood (I hope not literally) into the fold. Someone has offered me a silly amount for my Elsie - it would be rude to turn him down so loking at Exiges.1) I will use it daily - can I safley put stuff behind the engine in what is the boot in the Elise(my briefcase) or will it melt2)Is Air con. essential or just worthwhile luxury3) Any problems with the 190 upgrade or kep to standard car.

Hi Miles, welcome to the club.1) Melting stuff is not a problem, unless you’re transporting ice cream.Some people have had problems carrying stuff in the ‘boot’ there isn’t much to stop them getting into the engine bay. I put stuff into a large holdall which practically fills the boot. There’s not much chance of this moving around too much. No problems with this after 2 years of use.2) The value of air con is debateable. It’s not very effective, and not very reliable. And it add weight. I’ve managed to do without it for two years, and I’m happy that way.3) Definately get the 190 upgrade. The only possible downside is a slight difficulty getting through MOTs, but there’s always a way of getting around this [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]While you’re at it, make sure you get rid of the inlet restrictor if it’s still fitted. This will make a huge improvement to driveability.