Linkup hose routing

I’ve just removed the rear clam from my Honda S2. Here’s a pic of the oil cooler hose routing through the subframe, is this normal or are there better alternatives? It looks like a failure waiting to happen

??? surely the OE hoses were fine there? I assume it’s gong to just the stock cooler sandwich plate?

T

It is going to the sandwich plate but in an OEM Honda it would be in free space rather than threaded through holes in the subframe.

Are there any alternative mountings for the oil filter location? It seems very tight in that corner!

I’ll get you a shot of mine when i’m back in the UK.

A lot of people (me too at the end of the year) ditch the honda cooler and plug the ports in the block and replace it with a mocal takeoff and laminova.

Id put on a take off plate and run a remote filter.

Yeah I looked at that, and when I do the cooler I’ll look again but was advised to keep the line count down if you can fit a good filter on in stock location.

Cheers guys, I’d be interested in photos of alternative solutions.

So with the laminova I guess you take off the coolant sandwich plate and fit an oil sandwich plate then route the oil via the laminova? Any idea how much more effective the laminova is vs the stock system for controlling oil temps? Both systems use the same coolant but the laminova must have a larger surface area for heat transfer.

yeah the laminova is huge compared

2-eleven guys replace the two front coolers with a laminova