Liners Dropped

Hi Guy’s,
Anyone know what options I have open to me. What looked to be a Head Gasket or Water pump failure now appears to be an engine failure (well in the lose sense). I have been told the liners have dropped meaning a new bottom end / Block… any ideas as to what options are open to me? i.e I have thought about a 1.9l Scholar - I would like to stay with K series if possible.

BTW - Car only done 9K or just under… but does have ultra close ratio box…

If you want to stick to a k-series go for a 1.9, I almost went down this route when I killed my k-series bottom end.

Have a chat with DVA, I spoke to him and Steve Butts at the time and got all the info necessary to build a cheap-ish 1.9 based around the VHPD bits that were okay. Scholar stuff was less than I expected, plus you can use your current crank, flywheel head etc. Should get you to 200bhp.

I had this problem with my 2.0 scholar, i sent it back to them and they fitted new liners, not too expensive,
from memory the liners were around �300 fitted. I had to strip it though.

Just to add a bit of balance… I have around 40 Scholar blocked engines out in the field, many over 250BHP, and experience of many more. Can’t think of one that has any significant oil leak, if they had my customers would have spoken to me about it, none have… Judging by the horsepower and torque of most of them, blowby must be pretty minimal,

A large number of the 1900 engines are giving between 175 and 180lb/ft of torque (RR proven with publically available results) if these engines had a lot of blowby then they simply could not produce that sort of torque.

As usual, reality speaks louder than rhetoric.

Dave

I prefer your bulls…

Bronze bulls that is

wise man Rob!

And that’s why I prefer my Honda engine to…

and here ae a few scholars/dva’s that have come my way in the last 2 years

\

• just to remind you dva

So which ones of those are actually DVA engines and whats the proof of that?

King _T,

Let’s be clear, how many of those engines that you describe as ‘dva’ engines were actually built by me?, try not to avoid the question this time, please give details of customer name and engine details so there can be no misunderstanding. If you cannot substantiate your claims, then kindly stop refering to these as ‘dva’ engines. As far as I know all of the scholar based engines I have built are sill running happily and I am in fairly regular contact with the owners.

You may have an engine or two that has a DVA head fitted, that would be no big surprise as I have now completed over 475 K series heads and over 120 complete engines.

Most of the blocks in that photo are EVO4 blocks, I will state again (the 4th time) that I have never built an engine based on a Scholar EVO4 block and have no plans to. Therefore the majority of the engines you show and suggest are ‘dva’ engines cannot be.

I have a long list of happy customers using Scholar EVo2 blocks in both 1800 and 1900 form and genuinely interested parties could be put into contact with a number of them for confirmation and an unbiased view of their experiences.

Dave

Most of the blocks in that photo are EVO4 blocks

Dave

How many of the 5 are EVO4 blocks, & what the others? Just curious, cos I’ve not got a chuffing clue myself. Ta.

Pesky,

There are only two blocks that are shown that are Scholar, the others origins cannot be determined because the block top faces aren’t shown, I suspect that they are not Scholar but are there to bulk up the picture and make it look as if they are all Scholar ‘failed’ engines. Both the ones shown are EVO4 blocks, therefore they cannot be my engines… end of story. I have never ordered an EVO4 block, nor have I ever assembled an engine based on one. The closest I have come is when I had one block in my workshop for a while that belonged to a Caterham owner.

Dave

Ta for the reply, Dave - interesting reading

King _T,

Let’s be clear, how many of those engines that you describe as ‘dva’ engines were actually built by me?, try not to avoid the question this time, please give details of customer name and engine details so there can be no misunderstanding. If you cannot substantiate your claims, then kindly stop refering to these as ‘dva’ engines…

Hmmmm. As usual, no reply from King K to difficult questions.

Bernard

King _T,

Let’s be clear, how many of those engines that you describe as ‘dva’ engines were actually built by me?, try not to avoid the question this time, please give details of customer name and engine details so there can be no misunderstanding. If you cannot substantiate your claims, then kindly stop refering to these as ‘dva’ engines…

Hmmmm. As usual, no reply from King K to difficult questions.

Bernard

There is nothing difficult about the question at all

The whole “getting caught lying, running away, coming back when he thinks people have forgotten” thing is getting a tad trying though.

So there you have it… how many of the engines were built by me? none… and from what I can see there are only 2 EVO4 blocks… the rest is just spin.

Dave

and here ae a few scholars/dva’s that have come my way in the last 2 years

So that was actually a lie then? That photo did not contain any DVA engines?