Lightest forged alloy wheels for Exige

Try here:

Clicky

Although wait until he’s sorted out my dodgy fronts first! They are almost certainly putting on another production run in the near future…

Any news on a group buy on wheels?

I need a spare set for some AO39s for wet weather.

Steve

Drop Russ a PM - he may have some “standard” Exige wheels for sale.

Anyone else got a suggestion for a reasonably prices spare set of wheels?

Ones that just bolt on, are black, weigh bugger all and look cool.

LOL

Ok - Blatent advertisement. But hopefully helpful so here goes:

Plans Motorsport have secured a batch of standard, black, rimstock Exige Wheels.

The part numbers are as follows:

A111G0042H FRONT WHEEL EXIGE �342.63
A111G0041H REAR WHEEL EXIGE �402.62

A set would normally be �1490.50 plus VAT = �1731.54 including VAT.

We offer a 33% discount from the non-VAT price.

Hence can supply for �1000 plus VAT = �1175.00 including VAT. They are the genuine article, not copies, “group buy” rip-offs, and are brand new.

For �200 extra you can have any colour you like.

We can supply with:

Yokohama A048 LTS Tyres (and usually be able to price match any other supplier);
Yokohama Slicks or Wets (in Autobytel control tyre compounds - these are new, special price);
Dunlop British GT Slicks in soft, (last 1hr), medium (last 2.5hrs) or med/hard (track day tyre); or
Dunlop British GT Wets

Please email us at [email protected] for more details.

What a man!

Funny how these things come out of the blue! Certainly saves scratching around on Ebay for them!

Cheaper than Speedlines and Japanese options too… Doh!

Cheaper than Speedlines and Japanese options too… Doh!

That’s the thing I don’t get, they’re less than a fiver cheaper than Speedlines per wheel.

Now I’m not knocking Graham here, he should get credit for managing to supply what many have been after for a long while, but the material and production of the Rimstocks has to be significantly cheaper than a low volume run of magnesium?!

Is it another Lotus rip-off?

Ian

I didn’t take it as a “knock”. It may be a Lotus rip off (especially at the normal price!) but I have no control of that…as I know you appreciate.

They are a little cheaper than the Speedlines - I haven’t read the whole of this thead but we buy Speedlines for 1331 plus VAT. So the Rimstocks are cheaper.

But there’s more to it than that -

A) the Rimstocks are a better fit (no specers required - I’ve never been a fan of spacers

b) They cool the brakes and especially the bearings much better than the Speedlines. Any race car running on slicks and/or doing races longer than 15mins have moved away from Speedlines back to Rimstocks as the Speedlines cause the bearings to fail much more frquently.

Cheers Graham.

We’ve had Speedlines for less than that inc VAT - see here

I’ve kept an eye on it, but I’ve not had bearing problems on mags and 48s despite plenty of long trackday sessions (eg. 45mins).

Ian

Hiya Graham. thanks for participating. Kershaw has won a lot of races, several incomprehensible “Goliath” wins against Porsche Cup+ cars, lots of free informal Lotus corporate “largess” support, etc. - on the rears they run tiny (<3mm) spacers on the Rimstocks and slicks - what’s your take on that?

Hi Graham, I think the point here is that people want speedlines. The majority of users in this forum don’t race their cars, so don’t care if their bearings get a little warmer. The speedline is a better looking wheel and suits the car well and thats why people want it. Your trying to flog something here that people are wanting to trade up from.

So I have a suggestion. Why don’t you sell us speedlines at a small loss and in return we trade in our standard wheels, which you then sell onto the racing drivers for a tidy overall profit

I think there’s demand for both (but nice idea! ). Mainly I think people want a hassle free, good quality, lightweight, good looking, low cost set of spare wheels for their Exige.

You forgot “black” in there

I had covered under good looking

I had covered under good looking