[ Legacy build ] W204 C63

Timeline is now Feb 2017 :

Today I was coming back from buying a sofa. Living the Saturday dream there folks …

I was joining the motorway I mashed the throttle. I should have known better with the little matter of water hitting the windscreen and taken more care. Cue some sideways action , on the straight at 70mph ( officer )

A serious amount of opposite lock and I got out of jail free.

Apart from the wife who questioned me " What are you doing ? "

I replied with " driving like Walter Rohl "

I got a paddington hard stare [image]

Was awesome and scary in equal combinations ( the slide , not the stare . )

UPDATE TIME!
Been having a few paint related issues. I noticed shortly after buying the car a few tiny bubbles on the boot of the car. They looked like tiny soap sud bubbles. I didnt think much of it , until I spotted a few more , then more …

Eventually I started noticing them occur on the roof. When I booked the car into the very helpful Mercedes Manchester their resident paint guru had a look at the car, measured paint and sent his findings off to MB Germany.

I had the call today to let me know everything has been approved for a warrenty repaint ! Thats the roof , rear 3/4 and boot.

Made up !

Car after paint :

Just checking if anyone is reading this. Have some juicy power posts soon …

1 Like

I’m reading mate! Always interested in ‘cars’ generally! Plus, it’s good to see what you were up to in a former life, lol! :laughing:

You have passed the test.

I’ll expect my signed Exiges.com t-shirt in the post then, right? :nerd_face:

Yes, of course. Only £39.99

Cheeky map!

Had a bit of time to clean the car today. It needs some proper love but as a quick wash n wax it will do. I was interested in the paint finish where MB had been really …

I have been looking at more and more c63. None appeared to have the front splitter on that I had - the exception being the c63 black series but that is a complexity different front spoiler.

See exibit A : Standard c63

c63 Black series

I needed to remove the front lower splitter due to damage and I think as its non OEM I might just leave it off TBH.

Before :

During :

After

At the minute I am 99% sure I am going to leave it off. Not due to cost of repair , but I think I prefer it !

Back on!

I have been driving the car more over the last month than every before due to my contract expiring.

I have also been driving more and more with the traction control off.

Its a lot of fun !

Really starting to gel with the car after a minor wobble earlier in the month. These letters are starting to really grow on me …

Did a motorway run today in the managed motorway section.

How does a 6.2v8 get this level of economy?

I have noticed a few stonechips on the bonnet now the rest of the car has been painted.
I was recommended chipex and have touched up a few of the roundholes with it.

Its not perfect , but its a lot better. One hole needs more paint but I want to build it up in layers rather than a big dollop that will sink.
Before

After.

Its a lot less viable. It needs more paint when this lot has gone off to fill the hole.

Couple of pics from a visit to the range located at RAF Donna Nook

@Fonzey tagged due to aviation based site.

Now into June 2017.

Today I worked from home. I finished at 1630 and though I might clean the car as it had done nothing but rain all week. I also had 1/2 a eye on the autofresh meet Sunday.

Quck wash and wax was in my mind. Instead using multiple products later I snowfoamed , washed (two buckets of course ! ) , autofinesse rejuvinated , waxed and even did a bit of the awesome sonax quick detailer. I then waxed my wheels and sat down. It was 2112. Arms are now on fire. Quite happy with the results but TBH it needs a pro love as I can see swirls all over and there are some orrible scratches from various sources that can be seen in the direct light.

Looks alright though for a northerner having a go.

Looks at that deep red. Thats not been photoshoped or post processed. The paint is really that good

July 2017

These just arrived all the way from Italy …