[ Legacy build ] Renault Megane R26

I have taken the kids to school today. That last sentence sounds wrong. They always go to school , but their Mum drops them off. I am working from home so its a novelty for them to have Dad take them.

Anyway, the kids school is around 8mi away. Just long enough to warm the engine gently on the way there and give it a tickle on the way back.

All the fidgets and movement is gone when approaching warp factor. It just sits there, compliant and waiting for an input on the steering. It also corners flatter than a witches tit !

Recommend the springs if you like pushing on.

I havent used the car in 3 weeks and came to take the kids to school.

Got the machine gun of death and Russian Dash meaning that battery is almost dead.

Still had time on the clock and the car locked / unlocked.

Stuck the battery on charge. Hope its not borked.

Update : Either the battery was really low , or the charger isnt working. My multimeter has also died so I couldnt check the charger.

Jumped the car off the wifes Fabia and it sprung into life. Took it on a 6 mi journey , returning home. Stopped it and got a faster machine gun.

Typically its now raining and it could only be described as Biblical.

Another jump ( car , not with wife ) and its off again. Did 18mi then had the brainwave of using the ODBII wifi dongle and DashCommand. Added in a voltage monitor and I now know its not the alternator thats goosed. It was kicking out 13.8 - 14.0v depending on what I was fiddling with.

Stopped the car and started it again. Whoop. Hopefully just a flattening battery due to not using it. I have however noticed its the original Renault battery so it might be time to replace anyway.

Dilemma. I am due to go out to play football in 15 minutes. Its a 3mi trip there.

Do I take my car with a potentially flat battery issue , or just take the wifes car ?

update 2 : Neshed it !

Spanking new 027 ( not 067 as I put above ) Bosch battery installed.

Car starts.

End of adventure …

Car cleaning time!

More blyton park.

The boot release failed this morning. My son opened the boot , we drove 4mi then it failed to open

Cue lots of swearing.

Recovered the stuff by accessing the boost via the rear seats.

Returned home and worked out that the boot release button wouldnt work on its own , however , if it locked it , double unlocked it and pressed and held the boot release and the open the boot would release itself.

To cut a long story short , using a small cold chisel blade to prize in the clips that hold the external boot release button to the car I detached the boot clip from its connector , cleaned the wire contacts and refitted.

Works now.

Bloody Renault electrics!

That will teach me for being smug.

Came to the football game this morning, dead. Again.

Bloody switch !

Used the magic button combo and popped it open.

Finished football , and was driving off and the bloody boot opened itself. Had to deadlock the car to keep it opening.

Will invest in a new switch I think !

This happened today. I guess this thread is complete. ( DEC 12 - 2015 )

UPDATE: Lad wrote it off 6h after buying it from me…

I am also interested in the r5 GT Turbo in the first pic !! :slight_smile:

I have had two. Ill dig out some pics.

Wow, that was a sudden end - must still be slightly gutted despite having sold it. :astonished:

It was a bit! I spent a lot of time and money making that car great.