Le Mans

I seem to enjoy this more and more every year. Shame Toyota aren’t in the mix.

I’m going to see if my poor old Sky Box can handle 24hrs of recording it all before blowing up…will make some good viewing next week.

I dipped in and out…really enjoyed it especially after seeing the cars in action at Silverstone earlier in the year.

I really want to do a trip to watch it one year… must be a great atmosphere !

how did the nissan “back to front” car do in the end?

It was slow, first year though.

18 seconds off the pace and none of the classified. Would have been a great story. Hope the can push forward.

Exiges trip? Only been once back in 2003. More beer drunk than racing watched. Not sure I could handle that any more.

Would have been quicker if I’d been driving!
[URL=http://s87.photobuFlymo PWT23 FLY021 Spool & Linecket.com/user/churchtown/media/image.jpg1_3.jpg.html][/url]

Yeah I’d like to do this too, I’d also like to do the N24,…oh and the Bathurst 1000 and Daytona 500.

Seriously though, I’d be up for a Le Mans or N24 trip.

Exiges trip sounds like a plan

I went to the classic 5 years ago and great atmosphere as we were camping but queuing for shower for hours at 3am was less fun.

What about a warm up with Classic LeMans? A bit tamer. 50th year of Ford GT next year.

Certainly enjoyed the Classic in 2008. A few Exigers on that one. Time for another.

I did the Le Mans Classic in the Exige last year. I was petrified it’d break down on the route, but it didn’t falter one jot. My FiL went in his 2012 Jaguar XKR, which was a lot more comfortable. We have vowed for it to be on our calendar for good, we will go every other year. Next year he’ll be in his new F Type Coupe, I’ll hopefully have all the suspension rebuilt on the Exige by then.

Kurt

After getting back last night from my 10th consecutive year I cant wait for next year…One of the best Motorsport events in the world and made even better with Porsche beating Audi.

Well I’ve not done the classic since 2010 so me and a few mates are going next year, probably with travel destinations.

Gav

It’s always good to have a destination when you are travelling Gav. Even in your mota :sunglasses:

I did it this year and last year. Awesome long weekend away. We stayed in the PH campsite. Great atmosphere and the food isn’t too bad either.

I went to Le Mans 7 years ago, really want to go again, brilliant atmosphere, great fun camping and amazing hwo organised some people are, 2 man tents with Sat dishes and massive flatscreen TV’s to watch race when away from the track. The year I went someone had built a full size house out of scaffolding and wrapped it in a painted cloth frontage to look like santas grotto, truly epic effort! Everyone friendly. I’d love to go again and definitely be up for joining an Exige road trip.

That all said I would also really like to try the classic as I hear its equally great and in many ways the racing is more compelling… :sunglasses: