Le Mans 2004

(Sorry in advance if I’ve missed any relevant threads )
I was wondering if anyone on Exiges.com was an experienced Le Mans goer?Or,are there any plans for an organised Exige convoy there this year?I’ve often thought about going,but have never got around to it.Maybe this could be the year …work permitting ?

Myself, RussT, Martin & Steve Edwards are going to the “Classic” this year - over the weekend of July 24th & 25th.

Excellent we haven,t met any of you, but we booked yesterday for our trip to classic Le Mans.
Simon & Elaine

Simon & Elaine

We’re sailing from Portsmouth (to Cherbourg) on Weds 21st on the 23.45 ferry and staying here Chanteloup. How does this hook up with your booking, if at all?

Poor Elaine!

Simon,

I’ve been going for many years and have tried many ways of enjoying the experience and always have had a great time- it truly is a ‘must do’ event. Regrettably I cannot make it this year to either the 24 hrs or Classic Le Mans (although there might be a glimmer of hope for the latter)

A few years ago I passed all of my knowledge onto Martin and Steve who are now Le Mans experts as well. Pesky, Russ and other have also got vast experience - just latch on to someone who has been before and you should be OK.

Incidentally there is no need to book tickets or campsites in advance - there are always tickets available - go for Encienne Generales at about 50 euros and you have accces to every spectator enclosure at the circuit throughout the race week. Final practice is Thursday evening and the roads are opened up again for Friday so you can drive part of the circuit if you want to in between trips into the city and visits to the (open) pits.

Don’t worry about going - it is a real carnival. Just make sure you can get there and you will always find plenty to do and somewhere to camp provided you do not arrive on Friday or after (camping bleu is very easy up until Thurs evening usually)- if not gatecrash a space and a man will come and take some money and give you a campsite sticker.

You really must go…

Regards

Thanks for the advise Mike.It sounds like you can’t go too far wrong as you are surrounded by like minded enthusiasts… I think it’d be good to travel down with a group of 'Brits to really get in the spirit of things

Mike,
Thanks for your information but I have already booked, it will be our first trip to Le Mans.

Ian
Why poor Elaine, are the guys that scary ??

I’ve seen them all - they scare me

Why poor Elaine, are the guys that scary ??

I wouldn’t worry about it, I think they’re a great bunch and Elaine seems the kinda 'gal that’ll enjoy their company (perhaps even give as good as she gets!).

And chaps, see if you can convince Simon trackdays are safe and a must for an Exige! I’ve almost got him convinced to do (the big wide safe) Silverstone.

Ian

I wouldn’t worry about it, I think they’re a great bunch and Elaine seems the kinda 'gal that’ll enjoy their company (perhaps even give as good as she gets!).

Ian
You cad sir !! blemishing my character before I have made the acquaintance of the good gentlemen
Elaine