Lastest tyre trend

Whats everyone using these days? Looking for very soft so I can use a set in a year.

I’m using Ad08. Not very soft but better in the wet than 888s or 48s.

Cheers, I have these on my van and they’ve been good.

Didn’t know if people still used the Avon’s or if any other brands have anything on the market.

Avon ZZS on my Caterham 125hp. Perfect for me as I use the same tyre wet or dry. I think most of the road legal track tyres are on the edge of being banned. ZZS on the rear of my Caterham will not last 1000 miles (track), fronts outlast the rears maybe 2 to 1. After Thursday at Brands (very hot) they looked very melted.

Keith

They do a super soft. Could Super soft front and soft rear be an option?

I used to use the super soft GGGG on the front of my Exige, it was the only way I could get enough temperature in them, downside was they wore away at the same rate as the rears :astonished:

Sounds like the perfect option to me. Who made the GGGG compound tyres?

Kumho Ecsta V70A are available in super soft/soft and medium , Super soft and soft are a brilliant tyre for light cars.
Not sure the new r888r is available in different compounds or not…

Toyo Proxy R888

not sure if they do the really soft in the R888R

From Camskill

The V70a no due date

Avon ZZR you can only get from Avon Motorsport or BMTR

Yoko A048 are no longer road legal and have been phased out, The A052 replacement will be on our site in the next couple of weeks

And no stock of AD08RS either :frowning:

Not strictly true - just in case reading this raises concerns that these have suddenly become non-legal so can’t be used any more, even if someone has them fitted, so must be removed and changed.

The A048 doesn’t meet the latest EU regs ( something that has happened with a number of tyres ). If anyone is using A048’s that are from E-marked production then these are still road legal.

Sorry it wasn’t too clear, I’m talking the latest new tyres and not used.

The new Toyo seems to be getting very good reviews.

No problem, I just didn’t want to see someone thinking they had to stop using A048’s immediately. You’re absolutely right that all new production isn’t E-marked now so isn’t road legal.

Currently I have 888’s on mine in 3G (rear) and SG (front); changed from A048 due to the latter’s tendency to vibrate/unbalance.

Went for the Nankang AR-1 in the end.