Laser Blue

B&C have Laser Blue 240 cup…I must say it looks good in Laser with the black wheels and colour coded side pods web page

but for �47k.

Its a secondhand car with 591 miles on the clock!

Can’t help thinking that its “damaged” goods, ie, whoever had it from new (assuming it has only had one owner) was either:

• a butterfly owner - buys, gets a quick fix and then moves on. Can’t think that they will have run it in properly but rather rung every last bit of performance out of it; or

• a hugely disappointed owner - wanted to really love it but found it did not match the marketing hype and looking to offload it quickly before everyone else catches on

Just think what you could spec with that money taking either a base S1 or S2 and using the aftermarket…there are now enough cars out there with Honda/Audi engines and Nitron/Ohlin suspension, just add some carbon bodykit or any number of other aftermarket options/accessories…and you have something much much better.

Lotus as a “bespoke” car manufacturer is now being left well behind by others - unless you are getting into GT 1/GT3 territory. There is just not enough usp in the 240R.

What Lotus do best is give us the best base car to play with - and they do that better than any other manufacturer, so I don’t want to be too down on them

I agree…didn’t say I wanted to buy it just that it looked good…Perhaps it’s their demo car.

Andy - if someone threw me the keys to it I’d be smiling also

You can get a 240 cup race or road brand new for less seen �44,587 bet you could do even better if you tried

You can get a 240 cup race or road brand new for less seen �44,587 bet you could do even better if you tried

Nico

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK

Nico

Yep, should have waited and saved a few grand. Never mind I’m still happy with what I’ve got, and it’s only money after all
That’s a bit of a bargain though, WELL worth �40K IMO. You really need to drive one to appreciate why, and not just a 15min test drive…

[That’s a bit of a bargain though, WELL worth �40K IMO. You really need to drive one to appreciate why, and not just a 15min test drive…

Do any more than a 15min test drive and you’ll double the mileage on that one

can’t believe the reason quoted for selling is “very reluctant sale,sale due to house move”…like you wake up one morning decide to spend �40k plus on a car then in the afternoon decide you need to buy a house but will have to sell the car to pay for it!!!

but for �47k.

Its a secondhand car with 591 miles on the clock!

Can’t help thinking that its “damaged” goods, ie, whoever had it from new (assuming it has only had one owner) was either:

• a butterfly owner - buys, gets a quick fix and then moves on. Can’t think that they will have run it in properly but rather rung every last bit of performance out of it; or

• a hugely disappointed owner - wanted to really love it but found it did not match the marketing hype and looking to offload it quickly before everyone else catches on

Just think what you could spec with that money taking either a base S1 or S2 and using the aftermarket…there are now enough cars out there with Honda/Audi engines and Nitron/Ohlin suspension, just add some carbon bodykit or any number of other aftermarket options/accessories…and you have something much much better.

Lotus as a “bespoke” car manufacturer is now being left well behind by others - unless you are getting into GT 1/GT3 territory. There is just not enough usp in the 240R.

What Lotus do best is give us the best base car to play with - and they do that better than any other manufacturer, so I don’t want to be too down on them

And they need to shut the boot properly!

its their demo car… which they wont let you drive as they are running it in… at least thats what they told me a few weeks back

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK

Nico

Price has come down another 1,000. Now 38,995… Gosh wish it was LHD

Thats better than one dealer I know which did encourage 2nd cam use