Larini or Quicksilver ?

For the track, which one is preferred.

cost/quality/reliability/delivery etc etc

Larini is about �467

QS about �364

Need to get one before OP on the 13/6.

I am also looking for an exhaust for this use, so am interested in this too.

Have you considered 2bular? from what iv read, they are high quality, and built to your spec?

Dude, I think Larini will be too loud for track.

Get a 2Bular 8" GT3…and you’ll be safe. It seems to be the most popular choice these days.

I’ve got my Larini up for sale soon if you want one cheap.

Not interested in a 2Bular - delivery and build issues.

I have a Larini on my S1-build excellent and noise no problem at Croft on Saturday.

Ordered a Larini Sports with ‘slash cut tips’… and am assuerd it is under the magic 98dBa…

I have the Larini on my car. Sounds really great, but absolutely no way will it get under a 98 db limit. It doesn’t suffer the horrible boomy drone of the Stage 2 on the motorway, but I reckon overall volume at full chat is similar.

Mark

I have assurances from Dave at Larini that the exhaust I’ve ordered will come under 98 @ 3/4 throttle.

If not it goes back, I was very clear as to why it had to be under 98dBa and he assured me that it was - not much more I can do really.

If not, the only solution I have left will be a QS !

I have assurances from Dave at Larini that the exhaust I’ve ordered will come under 98 @ 3/4 throttle.

If not it goes back, I was very clear as to why it had to be under 98dBa and he assured me that it was - not much more I can do really.

If not, the only solution I have left will be a QS !

I’d be interested to hear how you get on. I did a static meaurement with mine with a noise meter, and as soon as it hit the second cam it was well over 98. I guess a lot depends on how the measurement is done. As I said, it does sound fantastic at high revs, but mine would be no use at a track like Croft with a 98db static test (no such problems at Knockhill), and as far as I know Larini only do one type of exhaust for the Yota Elise/Exige.

Mark

Mark - so far I’ve only been asked to rev upto 4800 - 5000rpm, so nowhere near the 6250/5700 second cam level.

I did a static meaurement with mine with a noise meter, and as soon as it hit the second cam it was well over 98.

prepares to be flamed

Surely the second cam doesn’t kick in when static

anything over 6k surely? or 3k for the S?

I did a static meaurement with mine with a noise meter, and as soon as it hit the second cam it was well over 98.

prepares to be flamed

Surely the second cam doesn’t kick in when static

True of course. Should have said above about 6k it was over 98db. Interestingly the highest reading by far was just as you lift off the throttle from high revs. Lower the revs gradually and the max reading was lower, which may be a way of sneaking under some static tests.

Mark

anything over 6k surely? or 3k for the S?

Seem to remember being told that the second cam does not actually kick in unless the engine is under load??

Mark

Seem to remember being told that the second cam does not actually kick in unless the engine is under load??

Mark

If it’s like the Honda, the car has to be moving iirc over 5mph

The Larini has landed and I must say it’s a bloody work of art, shame to cover it up.

Now fitted

Looking forward to the pics before and after