Lap time for Exige S2 at Hockenheim short circuit

The German magazin Sport Auto which is one of the better German car magazines… just tracked the S2 at Hockenheim circuit with 1.16.5…mmhhhhh
Strangly enough, they tracked the old beast at 1.14.8
yes, it is always the same driver…and the S2 has certainly better tyres (A048) and should have more power 'cause the old beast didn’t have the 190 ECU when timed.
That is slightly disappointing me thinks…

On the contrary!, exactly as expected! :

(says the one whose car is in bits, but has no will whatsoever to even have a test drive on the S2)

. just tracked the S2 at Hockenheim circuit with 1.16.5…mmhhhhh
Strangly enough, they tracked the old beast at 1.14.8
yes, it is always the same driver…the old beast didn’t have the 190 ECU when timed.

Weather conditions???

I think that it was just a demonstration of the laws of physics!!!

Much heavier car, with similar power = slower lap time

Something to do with E=MC (squared) ??

ain’t nuthin but work done…

nah, they only track cars when it’s dry
but didn’t Lotus mentioned that on the Hethel track, the S2 supposed to be 2 sec. faster
laters,
B

Barrichello is supposed to have the same car as Michael…

A new car is always ‘supposed’ to be faster than the one it supersedes…

and Marketing People are paid to sell cars

and Marketing People are paid to sell cars

Nail on Head Mr Lane …

…didn’t Lotus mentioned that on the Hethel track, the S2 supposed to be 2 sec. faster

It could have been, as the A048s on the S2 would have been at least a second of that (they’re twice as grippy) and the std brakes of the S1 were/are [censored] awful!

Ian

ps. Mum, if you’re reading, the ‘censored’ bit was humour, I’m a good clean Christian boy.

Mike, don’t forget that they always use the same driver…
Ian, that’s the fact which does puzzle me or maybe as Mike mentioned…marketing people…
laters,
B

Don’t know why you only give the lap times at Hockenheim because in the same article they also give the lap times at the Nordschleife. At the Nordschleife the S2 Exige is 10 seconds quicker!

Hey Patrick, is it you we met at Emerald last year?
sorry but I have the infos from the Elise-community board, don’t buy German car magazines 'cause they all are a bag of shiet…
but if the S2 is 10 secs faster on the Nordschleife that only says it has more power…the Hockenheim track test the chassis. It’s like Cadwell

Interesting though. I kind of agree with Bruno, although rather than power (because they are basically the same Bruno ), I expect the saved time at the Nordschleife by the S2 was due to the faster top speed possible by the lower drag.

Like the ‘My Colour is Best’ debate, I expect the S1 vs S2 thing will go on forever when there’s probably little in it (even though the S1 is the original and most certainly the best ).

Ian

yep, it must be the lower drag factor 'though they tested the 177 bhp version of the S1 which is strictly speeking some american ponys down on the rised up S2

I went past an S2 like it was standing still at Brunty on Saturday. I know I have Honda power but I also have shagged rear shocks and Toyo tyres which should have evened things up a bit. One of the instructors was drving it so I don’t think you can blame poor driving either. I still think they are a nice car, just more of a road car than a track car.

blimey

Hi Chris,

i think so as well. The S1 is the better Track car, the S2 the more comfortable street version!