L-O-T evening at Bedford

went to a evening organised by L-O-T last night… was my first ‘dry’ trackday… we used the ‘west circuit’

Observations and questions…

1. Exige is simple awesome on track - so much grip, and so fluid… I had an instructor at one point… he was also impressed
  2. I didnt find that the characteristics of the yota engine caused me any issues… quite easy to keep the engine on cam, and I didnt feel that I lost much time even when I was off cam.
  3. A048’s were good… I think they may have overheated a bit, there were bits of rubber (like scrambled egg) on the edges of the tread, but I’m not sure if that is normal… some of it disappeared on the drive home, but not all. I didnt feel that they went ‘off’ particularly…
  4. Brakes (std) stood the test… but I did make sure I cooled them every few laps…

Overall a great evening…

Jon

Sounds like fun - I had hoped to be there but never got my arse in gear (will be there for the GT circuit on B/H Monday though )

…but I’m not sure if that is normal…

It is. Like a real race car!

Cool… thx Ian… so if they did overheat, apart from noticing a loss of grip… any other ‘effects’ ?

Thx

Hi Jon,

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Wonderful little car isn’t it?!
Re: tyres, yep that’s what they do, and if you’re serious about your track days don’t expect more than 3 or 4 days out max on a set.
Re: brakes, I found my original set up a little weak and would recommend pagid RS pads, ap dot5.1 fluid and goodritch braided hoses along with the pedal box adjustment which most dealers should carry out for free. If you find this set up not enough then there’s plenty of big brake upgrades available. Just going through this process myself.
Re: yota engine, generally not a prob on track as you should be in the power band most of the time.

Continue to enjoy.

Cool… thx Ian… so if they did overheat, apart from noticing a loss of grip… any other ‘effects’ ?

Thx

No expert, only really happened to me once, just started to lose grip, but nowhere near as bad as the first lap out the pits when they’re cold.

Ian