Krypton Green or Chrome Orange S2 wanted

Hey, where you been?
A Peskyeque post . . .

I can’t say, until I pick it up, just in case it falls through!

Did we ever find out what this was???

Check out Strattonmotorcompany, if your still looking…but it is Yellow!!

Another shameless plug and back to the top… there must be someone thinking of selling up

Pete

There are some cracking deals to be done on unregistered 2007 cars atm.

Before placing my order for an 08 S, I was onto two 07 unregistered and discounts were very good. Niether your colour choice though.

The dealerships won’t advertise an unregistered car on their site so I would call the main ones and just see if they have something of interest to you.

FYI, one of the reasons they need to shift these cars is Lotus has changed the addon packs. e.g. instead of having to spec Sport and Super Sport packs I only had to add Sport pack on the 08 as the packs have been combined on the 08 cars. This leaves the 07 cars overpriced in comparision to a new one.

I was negotiating approx �5k off the prices they were up for. The change in the pack specs and the depreciation aspect of the 07 vs. 08 is what swung my decision to get the 08.

I have a bloody budget y’know…

… and the budget does not run to a new Exige.

My days of spending �30k on a trackday bunnie are long gone (especially after ‘that’ ring’ trip).

Nah, I shall plod on for a few more weeks in the hope that someday my Exige will come in…

Say hi to the big american one

Get an S1 Pete !!!

Agree with Dave

If it wasn’t for the commercial benefits of the S2 for me I would be buying an S1

Get an S1 Pete !!!

Here is the rub.

I would lurve an S1, I really would, but I want a trackday car that really I can jump in and go, my days of tinkering with a car have long gone and any associated tools have long been flogged off or given away, I really could not be arsed to fiddle about with the car to keep it going and have to rely upon a rolling maintenance and constant tuning regime, not to mention ‘reliability’… (laughs falling of his chair)
With the the idiosyncrasies of the S1 that I read about, I fear that it may become more of an albatross than a car I want to enjoy.

Ok, the S2 could also be all of the above, the Toyo engine is ‘fairly’ bullet proof and (hopefully) the S2 will be more of a toy I can enjoy with more confidence than the S1.

To this end, an S2 c/w Performance Pack suits my needs really well.
I badly let Rob123 down with his S1 (sorry again) but to own an S1 I really need to own one first (if that makes sense)… without the risks of ownership (talking bollox as usual).

IMHO as a track day car the S1 Exige is far better than the S2 Exige. Just look at the number of S2 Exige owners who have sold them to buy an S1 Exige!

Get a sorted one and you really shouldn’t have to worry too much as long as you get it regularly serviced. In the unlikely even you do manage to blow it up, it’s then a great excuse for a Honda conversion!

Oh and got your message, hope it wasn’t a real fire!?

There are a couple orange one’s on PH offered at �35k but would sell for nearer 30 than 35 IMO

This one is close to actual buying price of an 08 so won’t sell at �36k

Same situation

I think you will find it hard to find one with Performance Pack in the low 30’s. There will be some new power remaps available soon as an alternative to add to a 220bhp S.

Damo - the Performance pack I refer to is on an earlier 04, 54 or 05 plate - hence the slim budget…