Komo Tec

Bellow is the link for the German Komo Tec and their dry sump.

Anyone had dealings with them?
The following are included
Particularly developed dry sump kit for the Toyota Elise/Exige. Optimal oiling system also under extreme demands. Optimally for running or Trackday of employments, in order to eliminate the problems the standard oil pump. The kit consists of: Oil pan from the full milled, dry sump oil pump, owner pump at block, driving belt, drive wheels, oil lines of sump at pump, all necessary plugs and screw connections. OIL LINES TO THE OIL TANK AND OIL TANK ARE NOT IN THE KIT CONTAINING! Delivery time: 10 days (illustration similarly, further pictures follow)

How much is an oil tank and lines?

Is there a dry sump available in the UK?

Is there a dry sump available in the UK?

The Exige Cup has an Accusump fitted as standard � not a true dry sump, but Lotus seem to think it’s enough.

>Accusump website<

Anyone had dealings with them?

Yes, people have.

Try a search on ‘Komo’.

Ian

Accusump is my backup the thing is though if your engine is starved the Accusump pumps cold oil into the engine, cant be good?

Accusump is my backup the thing is though if your engine is starved the Accusump pumps cold oil into the engine, cant be good?

Must be better than no oil, anyday

Could also be better than wait for 5 months to get the parts…

It will not really be cold as it pre-oils on startup and then is recharged. Assuming it then pumps in several timesduring a lap, it will always be not far off operating temperature.

From their website:
"How Does an Accusump� Work?

On initial start-up when the valve on the oil side is opened the pressurized oil is released into the engine and therefore pre-lubricating the engine prior to start-up.

The Accusump holds whatever oil pressure the engine has at the time that it is shut off.

After the engine is started and the oil pump has taken over, oil is pumped back into the Accusump.

This moves the piston back and pressurizes the Accusump until it equalizes with engine’s oil pressure.

While driving, if the engine’s oil pressure is interrupted for any reason, the Accusump releases its oil reserve again, keeping the engine lubricated until the engine’s oil pressure comes back to normal.

This release of oil could last from 15 to 60 seconds, depending on the size and speed of the engine.

In racing or hard driving conditions, the Accusump will automatically fill and discharge when needed as you corner, accelerate and brake."

Anyone had dealings with them?..

I�m getting my Honda conversion done there at the moment.

Although a search of the site may provide an interesting story over how they may have come up with that conversion.