'KLONK' - major engine problem :( ?

have a huge problem with the engine: was accelerating 1st gear, 2nd gear, suddenly heard a loud ‘KLONK’ … no more power, felt like the gear fell into neutral… stopped immediately then. Engine still running, but it’s not possible to shift gears anymore (still I hear a scratching noise in 4th/5th gear, and reverse)

When we loaded the car on the trailer, there was about 2 litres oil running out very quickly (enginge oil!).

Any idea (except that it’s not sounding as a minor problem)?

Sounds more like a broken gearbox?

yes that’s what I thougt in the first place, but as there was loss of motor oil…

but as the engine was still running in neutral, I guess the engine is ok…

Broken crank?

my mechanic called - he said the driveshaft fell off! Thought he was joking… Can’t imagine how this can happen

He wants to puzzle everything back together and doing some testdriving. Hope to have the car back in one peace before the weekend…

loss of oil was gearbox oil after all.

the drive shafts do break, I broke two this week!!!

the drive shafts do break, I broke two this week!!!

so it’s nothing unusual then

Bought the car in February, did 10’000km since and had like every two weeks a problem

headlight relais
throttle position sensor
vent-motor
exhaust header (crack)
crack in cooler
spark coil
drive shaft fell off

But still i LOVE this car and can’t wait to pick it up these days

Bought the car in February, did 10’000km since and had like every two weeks a problem

Nice one, looks like you got one of the reliable ones.

has the car ever been tracked? what was the milage when you bought it?

has the car ever been tracked? what was the milage when you bought it?

was 40000km when I bought it, was never tracked… However, runs sweet as sugar right now, just did 2000km this weekend and a lap on Eurospeedway