King K article on Racecar Engineering

Simon, Pesky et al - all have contributed to a good discussion and I for one would rather have the info than not have the info…I thought the article made a good read so thanks to Uldis for posting it.

I have got a little wary of tracking my Exige since its last two outings lasted less than 3 sessions combined and I have to say that Im always listening out for early warning signs that the engine is about to grenade. Funny how the Caterham Superlite i am tracking now seems bullet proof though!

Steve

Have you bought a Superlite, or do you hire it?

Surprised you’ve not booked Croft yet though - it’s only a few miles up the road for you Even if you decide not to drive on track there, it would be great to see you again on the Weds evening, as well as at the circuit. Go on, you know she’ll let you

Uldis

Thanks for posting the article… apart from the obvious benefit this article is to a K-series owner… i’m gonna subscribe to Racecar Engineering as well… so win-win all round i’d say…

Also, Pesky, I don’t think its a surprise at all that Simon wanted to keep his familiy connections out of the debate - why should he voluntarily and publicly expose himself to further derision because of the link ? for me it makes no real difference anyway because i think his arguments are sound enough and try to not get too bogged down in claim and counter-claim about power and torque and weight… the thing that’s been p1551ng me off is all the personal attacks that have been launched. Not good and not neccesary. Especially when some of it is over the tinyest stupidest of details…

All i see is info aimed at giving us hope and comfort that the K is fine… before i go spending �10k anywhere

Rox

We’ll have to agree to disagree

Steve

Have you bought a Superlite, or do you hire it?

I hire it - done a deal with Jonny for one of his for the season. I have done a complete 180 degree turn with regard to these cars - I used to hate them…and then I got to try one at Bedford…if only my exige had the same gearbox and power to weight ratio!

Surprised you’ve not booked Croft yet though - it’s only a few miles up the road for you Even if you decide not to drive on track there, it would be great to see you again on the Weds evening, as well as at the circuit. Go on, you know she’ll let you

I think I have Croft booked for May and its difficult to get too many passes at present as Im already doing one trackday a month and another day a month planned for playing with my new toy.

Depending on work committments I will try and come and say hello