Katana / Sinclairs / Manifold

Hi all.

I know that the GReddy manifold was used on the katana/katana2 supercharger kit sold by Sinclairs.

Does anyone have an idea who made the manifold design that was used in conjunction with a charge cooler? IE not the Greddy one above.

I think Sinclaris used a combination of Exige parts and a side mounted charge cooler

thanks! I have just discovered which parts and I have the pro alloy cooler already :sunglasses:

It makes an awesome setup, just be careful of the chocolate gearbox if you go to the 2.9" pulley or smaller…

If ? When!

Please dont suggest upgrade parts. I only end up buying them!

I assume you need bigger injectors and what about maps?

There is a huge amount of information on here, but 3rd gear is especially weak and Jubu do upgraded gears for 3rd and 4th. Any extended track use a gearbox oil cooler is a really sensible upgrade as the oil goes way beyond its operating temperature.

I would suggest any car with a decent charge cooler and a 2.9" pulley or smaller need a stronger set of gears, I broke mine 2nd track day after I reached 300+hp

If you don’t change the pulley size you won’t need a new map or injectors, if you do I would certainly advise you get it remapped and you might need injectors or a fuel pump depending on the date your Katana was fitted, Essex autosport \Sinclaires (or whatever they are called now) can do a remap if you need it, not sure if anyone else can remap an ECU that has one of their maps on it.

I just want to keep the IAT down! I noticed I was having power sapped on track last time I was on.

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

The charge cooler will stop it backing off the timing when the inlet temps go up, all good for track action :slight_smile:

Indeed! I wont lie , a little more power and the lack of it dropping will not go amiss!

I have a 2.9" 74mm pulley and belt if anyone wants to make an offer…
Cost about 100 quid from Sincs

I dont suppose you have the S inlet as well do you?

Just the Sinclair’s pulley and Gates belt I’m afraid

might be worth contact Essex Autosport (formally Sinclaires) https://www.essexautosport.com/toyota-tuning

@Ade, I am talking to a very helpful chap who used to work there now …

The inlets are like rocking horse poo!

Try RMS in Romford as well :wink:

Working with the good chap @RMS now. He is sourcing all the parts for me. Just dont seem able to get the inlet

Say hi to Andy from me Ta Adrian

Whats the going rate for essexautosport kantana conversion nowadays

To sell ? No idea!