K20 Lotus Elige S2

I think you’re mistaking us for people that have thought this through :lolno:

I’m on a (fully booked) blyton at end of Aug then my diary is void of trackdays so would really like a late September contender to tie up the year.

…and maybe an October one

Thanks Andy, this is my 3rd engine conversion on a car now. The rewards knowing you’ve done it are very satisfying but equally you do have some bad tracing issues etc. Overall it is worth it though!

Cheers Kyle. I really need to get up north for a track day! I should probably test it down here first though :laughing:

UPDATE

So I thought it was probably about time I put an update in here.

After getting the car on the road last year I still wasn’t happy with the rocker cover - I attempted painting it but that didn’t go too well so I ended up buying a new one from Tegiwa.

Installed

I then did a trackday later last year with a few mates at Snetterton. Absolutely great day - I was getting fuel starvation which I wasn’t expecting but have since bought a fuel tank to combat that. I also had an issue with a CV joint which Stark sorted out rather promptly.

Out for a drive with a few mates

The car looking filthy

We then moved house - this was leaving the old garage for the last time

New garage - Very full on moving day

A lotus shaped hole

Myself and friend then decided to finally tackle the orange peel after a year and a half after paint

I got some Harnesses from Jon Seal

and a couple of Exige seats - one is from LotusJay off SELOC - Cheers!

This one is off eBay which was a bit of a steal. I’ve already been in contact with a trimmer to get it matched to the existing which should be happening in Feb.

and a few photos from todays outing

Overall I’m loving the Honda lump. The sound and power increase really has added to the enjoyment of the car even more.

Absolutely superb update!

The k20 seems to have met your requirements well!

Cheers Andy. Yeah the K20 is brilliant. It would be interesting to see how it compares to being in a 2ZZ - from the videos I’ve seen I get the impression the gear ratios are shorter on the K20 which might be adding to that liveliness.

Great read . . thanks for the update. Great work

1 Like

Great stuff Daz. Criminal I’ve not seen this in the flesh.

You talk your diy paintwork down but it really has come up great.

1 Like

I missed these replies!

Great read . . thanks for the update. Great work

@thommo Thank you!

Great stuff Daz. Criminal I’ve not seen this in the flesh.
You talk your diy paintwork down but it really has come up great.

@Fonzey thanks for this, I think we all have a habit of being critical of something we have done :+1:

UPDATE
So I mentioned in another thread I should update this - on the whole I don’t think visually the car has changed that much but I have progressed with the seats since the last update which I am dead chuffed with!

First up a couple of photos of the car before the seats were done.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

H’s Automotive Trimming carried this work out and I have to be honest, Matt is a top guy and very honest throughout. He was open to giving whatever I suggested a go and I’m so happy with the results.

First off he dismantled the one good seat and made templates for the core that I gave him.

Imgur

He then set about adding some little details

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

I did buy new inserts for where the harnesses go and I was going to paint them Yellow, however he did such a nice roll over with the leather that I’ve really gone off the idea and think it might be too much! You can also see in this photo the carpet across the rear where I have now removed the plastic bulk head that I was getting fed up off the constant rattling/squeaking from.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/147722302@N04/5825Qq5J4m

Imgur

yes I know I rarely clean this car…

Imgur

Imgur

out with a friends turbo MX5

Imgur

stumbled across a slightly less known showroom near goodwood

Imgur

Imgur

After a clean

A few at goodwood breakfast meet

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Then my dad cleaned the elise ready for our honeymoon road trip

Imgur

On our honeymoon, we travelled down through France, into Switzerland - across Switzerland across into Verona and then back up through Austria, Germany, Belgium, France and returning to the UK. We had an absolute blast and the car was mega.

Imgur

Imgur

on the eurotunnel
Imgur

at Reims
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Geneva
Imgur

just casual car spotting
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Somewhere in Switzerland - we met up with some friends who rented a Fiat 500
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

some famous hotel…
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

a reminder we were in the mountains
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

1 Like

Then popped off to the Porsche Museum

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Then onto the Nurburgring - been a while since we’ve been here but I was itching to get back after regularly visiting and what seemed like a lifetime of a hiatus

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Brakes were well used from the 2221 miles of driving

Imgur

and at a local meet in September

Imgur

Then on to the next part of the project - this is one for the new year

Imgur

Imgur

So that’s about it for now - there will be more to come.

I can’t get over how much the Honda engine has made this car complete. It was brilliant on the road trip and it seems to have just the right amount of power to keep you entertained and keep you in line.

1 Like

Fantastic (overdue) update.

Those seats look incredible. Some quite dodgy retrimming gets posted up a lot recently, but that looks perfect. Tasteful too.

2 Likes

Enjoyed that. What a trip! Congratulations on getting married.

2 Likes

Wow, what an update! Seats look great and love the road trip pics.

1 Like

Thank you all! We were a bit apprehensive taking the lotus at first but so glad we did!